Super Contributor

Honest, detailed reviews now more important than ever!

With the new return policy in place (no more refunds on S&H), reviews will be more important than ever. I always try to read reviews before purchasing (if available) and do my best to submit them as well. But I know my reviews could probably be more detailed in order to be more helpful for others so I'm going to try to improve. Let's all try to help each other out by posting honest, detailed reviews whenever possible (and only about items we've purchased!). Thanks all!
Respected Contributor

Re: Honest, detailed reviews now more important than ever!

I recently submitted an honest detailed review, including my height, weight and the size that I purchased. It was a rave. They didn't publish it. So I won't bother again. I agree though, that is the most helpful information, especially in light of the new shipping policies.

Honored Contributor

I think you're right. However, I also think it will prevent all the excessive returning of items that should never have been purchased in the first place. If shoppers were a little more selective, and a lot less impulsive, there would certianly be fewer returns.
Super Contributor

When did they ever refund S&H?

Every time I return something using their label, it costs me $6.95 that they deduct from the amount they refund me.

Valued Contributor

On 2/3/2015 BonnieBelle said:

Every time I return something using their label, it costs me $6.95 that they deduct from the amount they refund me.

Right, but you were refunded the original shipping that you paid to have it delivered.

I agree with the OP about amping up our reviews. I review everything and rely on others' reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/3/2015 faeriemoon said: I think you're right. However, I also think it will prevent all the excessive returning of items that should never have been purchased in the first place. If shoppers were a little more selective, and a lot less impulsive, there would certianly be fewer returns.

They prey upon impulsive buying. (And then have the audacity to say it's the consumer's fault?!)

Remember when you only had about 5 minutes to make your purchase, when the item was showing live? Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I agree with the OP about our reviews - especially if the fit is true to size, runs large or is a snug fit.

Valued Contributor

On 2/3/2015 Harpa said:
On 2/3/2015 faeriemoon said: I think you're right. However, I also think it will prevent all the excessive returning of items that should never have been purchased in the first place. If shoppers were a little more selective, and a lot less impulsive, there would certianly be fewer returns.

They prey upon impulsive buying. (And then have the audacity to say it's the consumer's fault?!)

Remember when you only had about 5 minutes to make your purchase, when the item was showing live? Smiley Happy

I will admit that I order a lot and have to return a lot due to inconsistent sizing. I always check the CLICK HERE measurements but have found they are unreliable at times. I will continue to demand a free return of clothing items that are clearly not as described.

Regular Contributor

Then I'll stick to buying only things that I have bought in the past that I know fit or I like. But the lower s&h costs may be low, but the merchandise seems like they have gone up in so many things, clothes, beauty, and so on. They get you one way or another. looks like B&M stores are going to be more appealing anymore.

Super Contributor

On 2/3/2015 Lanikins said:
On 2/3/2015 BonnieBelle said:

Right, but you were refunded the original shipping that you paid to have it delivered.

I agree with the OP about amping up our reviews. I review everything and rely on others' reviews.

So now basically it's going to cost around $12 to return something?? Not that I return a lot, but I will think twice.

Now I understand why they are lowering the S&H cost.