Honored Contributor

I do not wear ankle pants as I think they look ridiculous. I am hoping they go away eventually and I believe they will.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I do not wear ankle pants as I think they look ridiculous. I am hoping they go away eventually and I believe they will.

You believe they're going to go away?  

Ankle pants have been around for decades, so I doubt they're going to go away.  

Respected Contributor

I hate ankle pants. If I really want the style they are offering, I get it in tall so it will be regular length on me.  I do not like the look of ankle pants and certainly not in the winter.  

Trusted Contributor

I have mixed feelings about ankle pants. If they actually come to my ankle, I like them. Most of the time, they don't. I'm 5'9" tall and most of the time they come two inches above my ankle. So they look like pants that are too short. I find if I buy IM ankle pants in a tall, they fit really well. A lot of the other designers if I order a tall, they are way too long in the rise. In the winter I wear socks and an ankle boot with them.

Super Contributor

I wear full length pants when it's cold out! I am outside everyday for recess (I'm a teacher) and to walk the dog. If it's below 60 degrees or so, I definitely want full-length pants. 

Honored Contributor
For me personally, I'm with the posters who think they look like they are simply too short. For everyone else, wear whatever you like, it's all good.
And really, no one is paying that much attention to what anyone of us is wearing, that idea is aIl simply in our heads, lol. I was in 3 different establishments today and honestly, I could not tell you what anyone was wearing.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Like others, I'm short so ankle pants are the perfect "long" length for me.  But if I was taller, I would not wear a pant that stops above or at my ankle.  Just don't like that look, winter or summer. 

To solve that too-short-for-winter look, I'd wear ankle pants with tall boots.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Not a fan of ankle pants--if I can't find ones that have  29-30" inseam, I buy talls and hem them. 

Honored Contributor

I seem to prefer ankle pants mainly because I don't have to worry about the exact length..........where it lands on the shoe, etc. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Most of the time, even full-length pants are ankle pants on me. Woman Frustrated  So, in the winter l wear short or medium-high Uggs to keep my ankles warm. Woman Happy

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~