Esteemed Contributor

QVC does sell a lot of ankle pants.  I don't see them that much in the real world, other than yoga/legging style pants.  They can be worn when it is really cold with boots.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a fan of ankle pants and have never bought a pair.  Personally I think that the designers are doing it to sell more pants, because the inseam will work with a wider variety of heights.  The hosts are sure to state that it does not matter where on your leg the pant falls to.  To me, they just look like pants that are too short.  And, if it is cool enough to wear pants, I want my ankles covered too!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Most pants are not short.  Seems like I spend half my time heming pants that are too long.  A few are ankle pants and I out them away in the winter.  Actually, being short, many ankle pants are the perfect full length size for me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Ankle length pants have been around and popular for many years, they are not a recent trend.  I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon.  I wear ankle pants all year, and I live in the Mid-Atlantic area.

In the colder months:

For dressier pants or the Isaac 24/7 pants, I wear them with heels like pumps.  For jeans or other more casual ankle pants, I wear them with ankle boots, mid-calf boots, and knee boots. 

In fact, for some of my full length skinny jeans or straight leg jeans, I sometimes cuff them up to ankle length and wear with a cute pair of fashion sneakers.  

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Ankle length pants have been around and popular for many years, they are not a recent trend.  I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon.  I wear ankle pants all year, and I live in the Mid-Atlantic area.

In the colder months:

For dressier pants or the Isaac 24/7 pants, I wear them with heels like pumps.  For jeans or other more casual ankle pants, I wear them with ankle boots, mid-calf boots, and knee boots. 

In fact, for some of my full length skinny jeans or straight leg jeans, I sometimes cuff them up to ankle length and wear with a cute pair of fashion sneakers.  

@Caaareful Shopper That is how I wear mine too.

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

What do you do about ankle pants in the winter?  Seems like most pants for sale are pretty short and your ankles show. 

How do people wear these in the winter - do you really have bare ankles when it is 15 degrees outside?   Even if you wear booties, your ankles still show.

I am cold just thinking about this.  

Maybe because since I was 12 and tall,  I feared wearing high water pants (that's what we called them back in the day) I avoid them at all costs. The only designer on QVC I can buy is Linea clothing because the inseam on pants is 32 inches. 

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee 

Because of the influence on all footwear, the ankle pants are going through winter.  If you aren't going to wear a above the ankle boot, then wear a dark trouser sock with a dark flat.  

The gals with shorter legs are celebrating less hemming.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I wear both full length pants and ankle pants all year long.  

I'm not worried about the little bit of skin showing in the cold weather.  I very rarely wear socks anyway.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Forgive me if I am missing something.  Just like shorts, skorts, capris, pedal pushers; you don't wear them in the winter.  Although sometimes ankle pants work well with tall boot.  You don't get any bunching at the ankle like you get with a full length pant.

Frequent Contributor
I love ankle pants! They just work with so many types of shoes and I don’t have to worry about hemming! In the winter I just wear a nude nylon knee high with my shoes. Looks like skin but provides just a bit of warmth. If there is snow I would tuck into my high boots. You can also tuck the pant leg into the knee high first to help it stay in place!