Respected Contributor

What do you do about ankle pants in the winter?  Seems like most pants for sale are pretty short and your ankles show. 

How do people wear these in the winter - do you really have bare ankles when it is 15 degrees outside?   Even if you wear booties, your ankles still show.

I am cold just thinking about this.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

It is simple. If ankle pants are uncomfortable for you in the winter, then you put them away with the rest of your summer wardrobe.

Esteemed Contributor

Put on a pair of Uggs or Bear Paws; problem solved!  Btw my legs are short so ankle length is full length on me!

Esteemed Contributor

If I had ankle pants I would wear a  higher boot. I'm no fashionista when it comes to ankle pants, they all remind me of pants that are to short (floods) But then I never got cold shoulder sweaters either. This is just me, there is something for everyone.  

Honored Contributor

All I wear are ankle legging jeans. 24/7. In the winter I wear tall boots. No problems here.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Easy for me to answer ... I don't buy ankle pants!  I only buy full length pants - on the rare occasion I want ankle pants I simply fold up a cuff.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

You are right.  Ankle pants are everywhere.  All designers and retailers have to jump on the trendy bandwagon.

Nothing more than a sales tactic to get women to buy.  Next year it will be something else they must have or be out of style.  

Esteemed Contributor

Seemed to work last year.  Until we all switch, and they sell more longer styles, we will do another winter.

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

You are right.  Ankle pants are everywhere.  All designers and retailers have to jump on the trendy bandwagon.

Nothing more than a sales tactic to get women to buy.  Next year it will be something else they must have or be out of style.  

I'm not so sure about this -- ankle pants aren't really "trendy," as they have been in style for quite a few years now. I haven't seen them becoming any less popular, and if anything, I think there is acceptance of pants in a variety of lengths (and leg shapes) these days.

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

I'm not so sure about this -- ankle pants aren't really "trendy," as they have been in style for quite a few years now. I haven't seen them becoming any less popular, and if anything, I think there is acceptance of pants in a variety of lengths (and leg shapes) these days.

@jonbon, ITA. I wear ankle pants all year long. But then mine are not too short on me; plus I live in SoCal (no worries what shoes to wear).

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland