Honored Contributor

Re: Holidays Approaching -- Are you getting new party outfits or recycling?

@Meowingkitty

That makes it nice, doesn't it?  Just be comfortable and enjoy family and friends!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi

Yes, just casual get togethers, whether it be family, friends, etc.  I think this is more the norm any more.  As long as we have the time to share with those we care about that's the most important thing.  

Honored Contributor

@Zita

That sounds like an awesome dress!  I love things like that!  A favorite that you can pop on -- you look great and you feel great!!!  

Honored Contributor

I hope I haven't missed replying to anyone!

I sure have enjoyed reading your replies!!!!  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@winamac1

Yes, I know what you mean.  I don't have a lot of things to go to either.  But unfortunately, I will be going to the same things as last year and the same people will be there.  So, will people remember that I had the same clothes on??  Hmmmm...  I guess, who really cares, but... well, I can probably add a different scarf or something.  

Oh, I get it.  If I didn't have so many items, I'd buy something new.  I may see some of the few people, but I will wear something I haven't worn in a couple of years.  They won't even remember, LOL.  I went through a period of time where I bought a lot of party-type sequin tops.

The scarf sounds like it may be just what you need.  Joan Rivers has some nice sequin scarves, and you can often find, New, on Ebay!!  Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I bought the Bob Mackie Burn out velvet skirt and top on clearance to wear to a dressy family event in two weeks.

I'm expecting to get plenty of wear out of both the top and the bottom for under $60 for both pieces. 

A happy find. 

I bought the burgundy color.

Honored Contributor

If I were losing weight, like others on this thread, I would probably do something new like this Steve Madden wrap, with basics underneath.

It's reversible.  You could do a dress or skirt, leggings, jeans, or whatever the event calls for.

Honored Contributor

I do  not intend to get anything new for this upcoming holiday season to wear to events.  That's not to say I won't though.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@islandgrrl

I know.  Some of the tops are sooo beautiful.  But then, you think, oh, I don't want to risk messing them up while I am serving, cooking, etc.  They are just too nice for that sort of thing.  I think what you described you wear sounds just perfect and very lovely!!!  

@AngelPuppy1

I saw a glorious cranberry cashmere sweater last year that I really wanted to splurge on.  But all of the holiday scenarios that I ran in my head ended with me boiling to death while cooking and serving in it. I just don't seem to be at many dressy holiday parties where I am the guest!  My invitations are all very fun but also very casual.  

Honored Contributor

@winamac1

Great idea!!!  So much easier on the pocketbook than splurging on a whole new outfit!!!