Honored Contributor

Holidays Approaching -- Are you getting new party outfits or recycling?

The holidays will be here before we know it!!!  

Just wondering if you are already thinking about fashions and what you will be weaing for the holidays.

Will you be buying new oufits for special events or recycling items that you already have?

I have a couple special events for the holidays but I am going to try to use things which I already have.  Notice -- I said "try".  I was looking in Macy's the other day and they have some beautiful things -some of which are rather pricey.  So, I am going to think on it awhile!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Holidays Approaching -- Are you getting new party outfits or recycling?

No parties for us so no party attire needed.  I'll just wear my regular clothes for the holiday season.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

We don't attend fancy parties during the hoidays, but I always like to dress up for church on Christmas. A few months ago I bought an ivory sheath dress with gold hardware at the waist. I haven't worn it yet. I am thinking I might wear that when I sing Christmas morning. If I don't wear that I will wear my red wrap dress which I have worn in the past for holidays. 

Esteemed Contributor

Probably recycling for the most part from the clothing aspect. Now, SHOES, that may be a different story!Woman LOL

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

I am definitely wearing what I already have.  Not even tempted to buy anything.  I'm actually looking forward to looking thru my fall/winter clothing to plan what I'm wearing.  I have numerous events to attend between now and Christmas and I'd rather focus on items I'll be taking with me, and not on clothing. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I won't be purchasing any "holiday" clothes. I have quite a few already , and I only have 2 or 3 occasions to go to.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

Last year i purchased a redcotton  knit dress (Isaac Miz), which I love. Wore it several times last winter and will wear again this year. It is so festive, and a great shade of red (clear, with blue undertones, can't wear the tomato-color red). Tried to buy another in black, but it's never come back.

Otherwise, I will recycle other outfits. No need to buy anything new.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

No parties for us so no party attire needed.  I'll just wear my regular clothes for the holiday season.

I don't know anybody who gives regular parties.......open house--come as you are, is about it.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

No parties here, just casual stuff. If it requires more than jeans and a shirt I will find an excuse not to go. This is Arizona, we don't do fancy. Thank goodness.

Valued Contributor

We'll just be seeing family, and attending church services this holiday season,, so I don't have anyplace to wear a party outfit. We're in the mountains as well, and it's a rural, very casual area. Since DH and I are retired, casual works for us!

If I should see a nice sweater or top, I'd gladly pick that up, but I'd do that any time of year. pinky