Honored Contributor

Depends on your coloring.  I think retailers are offering an option for those that don't look good in traditional leopard colors. 

I'm a Winter, look much better in black and white.  Same with camo, olive does nothing for me, grey flattering.

Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I love animal print (not snake, yikes no) and while I love both the camel and white background, I am partial to the darker.  

@KentuckyWoman I "dont snake" either.  Hate the durn things and never thought the skin was pretty.  I won't buy it, no matter what it is.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG : Love the first one as besides being pretty definitely my colors. The other is way too white for my coloring

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer the white background mainly because I don't wear brown in any way, shape, or form.... except, I have tan leopard low-heel pumps, and python pumps.  I don't like clothing in animal prints (on me), but wear my animal print shoes often.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Contributor

Hey, ECGB, are you any relation to Lori Goldstein on QVC?  I was on their homepage the other day and saw her picture and just about fell out of my chair.  I thought it was you!  Are you trying to imitate her style?  If so, you are doing a pretty good job of it.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  I guess what I fear is turning the corner and having a bunch of women walking toward me in leopard shoes, leopard bags and clothes!  Leopard is in overdrive this year.  Too much.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I like both prints but don't own a lot of leopard print pieces...just a couple of tops from Susan Graver and I love them. My only issue is that I am limited in the colors that actually compliment the print so I wear mostly black or brown bottoms. There are times when I can match with steel or charcoal grey. 

Honored Contributor

My first couple of tops were more like the top one, but I found it a bit more limiting. I know have some that are more like the second (maybe not quite so white -- less stark) and love them. I'll wear either.

Also love snakeprint -- both on a snake and a top.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@duckdog wrote:

Hey, ECGB, are you any relation to Lori Goldstein on QVC?  I was on their homepage the other day and saw her picture and just about fell out of my chair.  I thought it was you!  Are you trying to imitate her style?  If so, you are doing a pretty good job of it.

@duckdog No my Dear!  That's quite a novel idea in that I don't care for her style at all.  The little bit of "alternative style" I prefer can be found at Dillards and on other web sites, I C Collections which is more sleek than LG.

I was born and reared in NC and am a descendant of an artisan of Biltmore House, taught for 37 years, and am a professional stylist now.

I'll take a look on her site to see if I can find the picture.Smiley Happy

@duckdog Is this the one?  It came from her FB.

I don't wear thin knits because they hug the body.  Also, I would never put a ruffle around my thighs as so much of her layering does.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, shoes

I do wear a lot of dark pants and jeans to bring the eye up, but generally I wear cotton.  Soft knits are extremely revealing.  This look could be improved with exchanging the cartigan with a structured blazer.

Honored Contributor

The black and white version of leopard is more flattering to my coloring. In fact, l just bought this Banana Republic sweater yesterday:

C65D024E-7DC8-4193-A5A0-5C124B9DE92F.jpeg

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~