Honored Contributor

and I feel fine! Big sales are still around. Ann Taylor almost everything 40-50% off. Other sales...a store I rarely shop at Talbots also had their normally $80.00 sweaters knocked down 40%. Got a bra at Soma store. Not on sale, but I really like their bras. Yet another pair of Nordstrom skinny jeans for me (AG) and another top at the Loft. A little crowded, but I didn't mind. It was a nice briskly cold day with the sun out. Good day for shopping.

Honored Contributor

They won't see me till everybody goes back to work and school. I figure after the 5th it's all over but the shouting.

Respected Contributor

It's like that every year after Christmas; the biggest savings are always after the Christmas rush. I'm getting the 40% off, 50% off, 60% off emails from all the retailers but so far, it's not enough to get me into a mall.

Honored Contributor
On 1/2/2015 Chrystaltree said:

It's like that every year after Christmas; the biggest savings are always after the Christmas rush. I'm getting the 40% off, 50% off, 60% off emails from all the retailers but so far, it's not enough to get me into a mall.

I really liked the sales. I got some cute tops. I had off today (my last day off, I've had the past two weeks off) and I'm going to feel weird coming back to school (my work) on Monday. There were deep sales everywhere, Forever 21, bebe, Anthropologie, The Loft, White House, Black Market, etc.

Respected Contributor

I want to get to Victoria Secret this weekend..their Semi-Annual Sale started in stores...

YA!!!!!

Respected Contributor
I avoid the malls like the plague, in fact, I dIdn't even enter one this season. Most of my Christmas gifts were purchased at Kohl 's, BB&B or QVC. I went to the mall today to get a new calendar from the seasonal pop-up calendar store, but after driving around for 10 minutes looking for any open parking spot, I gave up and left.
Super Contributor

I have totally lost interest in winter clothes, no matter how good the deals are. During November and December, when Talbots was offering 50% off promotions, I bought four cashmere sweaters and a skirt. Those pieces gave my existing wardrobe a nice lift.

I have enough to wear right now, so I'm looking ahead to spring (or winter-spring transitional). Not interested in going to the mall AT ALL!

Valued Contributor

I bought quite a few new pieces at the beginning of the season because of a weight change. There are so many good sales, I wish I could have waited but now I don't need anything so have been staying away.

Contributor
I hit the mall yesterday, and I noticed that the Clark's store is selling the unstructured unloop shoes for $79! They don't have all of the Q's colors, but they are not over $130 either!
Valued Contributor

I live in a suburb of Chicago and needed to replace a winter jacket this year. I saw exactly what I wanted at Macy's (red quilted) but at over $200 decided to wait for the January sales. Yipee - I got it today for $99 and free shipping.

I love it when I get something I really wanted on SALE !