Trusted Contributor

Re: Hit or Miss? JRT on Rachel Ray this morning.

@febe1 wrote:

This is a big deal. I hope it doesn't give Jane the big head

Give her???  I think it's too late. She would be my last pick to go on any TV show, how about Mary Beth, Leah or even Alberti....love him.    Geesh, I can guarantee that along with the talk about her family she will add her being on the RR show now!  

Trusted Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

If that beige colored tunic shown on the woman on the far right in the photo is a example of QVC's high end fashions we are all in a world of hurt.  It looks like something one of Robin Hood's Merry Men would wear while walking in Sherwood Forest.

LOL.  thanks for the laugh!  And why does Jane always wear full skirts and dresses, they are not flattering on her.

Trusted Contributor

@Lori Kaye wrote:

The following was posted by a friend of mine on Facebook and the bad experience she had at a taping of Rachel's show. 

Let's talk about Rachel Ray. As many know I went to the taping of her show yesterday. We weren't allowed to have phones on so it was quiet for a bit. You'll notice I didn't say much about it after leaving. I've really sat and thought, re-evaluated, pondered and did my best to come up with the best word to describe her. Here it is.

HORRIBLE!!!!!!
ROTTEN !!!!!!!!

She barely acknowledged the audience. Couldn't be bothered. Couldn't be bothered to glance our way. Was rude and standoffish with her staff and they were genuinely scared of her. When a light blew out, no fault of anyone and the camera guy pointed it out she handled herself as a true diva. Wretched. Freaked out. The poor guy was terrified of her. She was mean and over powering. The other camera man muttered "oh this isn't going to be good". Staff ran at racehorse scattered speeds to remain out of her way at all times. Always guessing her direction. The camera rolled and her friendly excited face turned on. The minute the word cut was yelled her face froze over and the cold nasty person appeared suddenly. It appeared to me she isn't who she appears to be on the show.

So, Rachel Ray, I'm parting ways. The impression you left on me in just 2 hours was too much for me. Farewell, best wishes. I will no longer be watching your show.

Thanks for your post.  I stopped watching her show and on when she's on QVC a long time ago.  She thinks she's a diva and when she's on QVC, she never lets the host talk, she's like the Energizer Bunny.....just keeps going and going and going.  She just has to talk over everyone because she thinks she's just so important. 

Honored Contributor

@Lori Kaye wrote:

The following was posted by a friend of mine on Facebook and the bad experience she had at a taping of Rachel's show. 

Let's talk about Rachel Ray. As many know I went to the taping of her show yesterday. We weren't allowed to have phones on so it was quiet for a bit. You'll notice I didn't say much about it after leaving. I've really sat and thought, re-evaluated, pondered and did my best to come up with the best word to describe her. Here it is.

HORRIBLE!!!!!!
ROTTEN !!!!!!!!

She barely acknowledged the audience. Couldn't be bothered. Couldn't be bothered to glance our way. Was rude and standoffish with her staff and they were genuinely scared of her. When a light blew out, no fault of anyone and the camera guy pointed it out she handled herself as a true diva. Wretched. Freaked out. The poor guy was terrified of her. She was mean and over powering. The other camera man muttered "oh this isn't going to be good". Staff ran at racehorse scattered speeds to remain out of her way at all times. Always guessing her direction. The camera rolled and her friendly excited face turned on. The minute the word cut was yelled her face froze over and the cold nasty person appeared suddenly. It appeared to me she isn't who she appears to be on the show.

So, Rachel Ray, I'm parting ways. The impression you left on me in just 2 hours was too much for me. Farewell, best wishes. I will no longer be watching your show.

This is is no surprise to me. Rachel seems full of herself and so in your face to all of her guests. She always has those hands of hers flying in the air like fans  whipping about as she talks like weapons.  I can not stand her.

Esteemed Contributor

Martha Stewart has insulted her plenty. Even inferring she is not a chef! And RR had no reply....

Trusted Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Martha Stewart has insulted her plenty. Even inferring she is not a chef! And RR had no reply....

She's not a Chef.....just a home cook who got a big break from Oprah.  And now she thinks she's a Julia Child or any other top female chefs on the Food Network, which she'll never be.

Trusted Contributor

@loveour4leggedfriends wrote:

To me it was just a publicity stunt for QVC.  She showed a few items, no big deal, but then everyone in the audience received a $100 gift certificate.  Great advertising for the Q, that's all it was.

What else did you expect that it would be?  90% of the "guests" on any of these shows are there for a very specific reason, like their latest movie is coming out etc.  It is always all about advertising.  Why else would they have a salesperson from QVC on?

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

She's not a Chef.....just a home cook who got a big break from Oprah.  And now she thinks she's a Julia Child or any other top female chefs on the Food Network, which she'll never be.

Both she and Martha Stewart are called Celebrity Chefs. 

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

Both she and Martha Stewart are called Celebrity Chefs. 

Martha Stewart did not attend culinary school.  She only read Julia Chiles books.  She was not formally educated as anything but an architecture history major.  She worked as a stockmarket broker which she must have had enough knowledge about to be a danger to herself. 

Honored Contributor

I agree this stint on the RR show is a promo for the Q. I thought jane did a good job for the Q and she looked fine on air. I am sorry to hear that RR is not the person she presents on TV. I love her cookbooks and feed my cats her pet food. The fact that she is not a classically trained chef  does not diminish her talents in my eyes, just shows me you can learn anything on your own. RR is not happy or she would not act mean and nasty towards her staff and ignore her audience. I guess money, success and adoring fans doesn't do it for her.