Valued Contributor

Re: Hit or Miss? JRT on Rachel Ray this morning.

Very astute Jonbon ...  I'm not a fan ...  

Respected Contributor

@Lori Kaye

I've been to Rachel Ray and had a similar experience.  When cameras were tolling she was as sweet as can be but before the show, during breaks between segments and after the show, she ignored the audience completely.  Between one segment she went behind the scenes and could be heard screaming at someone.

Recently I saw she had her dog on the show.  This surprised me as the dog bit someone on 2 different occasions and was declared dangerous.  The dog was going to be put to sleep but there was a plea bargain that the dog would be sent to Rachel Ray's upstate house and kept away from the public.

There were large monetary settlements given to the bite victims.

Esteemed Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

This is a big deal. I hope it doesn't give Jane the big head!

Too late......

Honored Contributor

I think it would be nice if Q gave gift cards to all of their current shoppers on their birthday.I always feel that regular shoppers get no recognition for their loyalty and that should be recognized in some way.

Super Contributor

the clothes were horrible on the show, as was what Jane had on.  

Respected Contributor

@Adamlambert wrote:

the clothes were horrible on the show, as was what Jane had on.  

I thought so too.  And poor Jane's makeup and hair were really bad.  I have seen her look really put together and cute.  Not for this show.  

Honored Contributor

@Lori Kaye wrote:

The following was posted by a friend of mine on Facebook and the bad experience she had at a taping of Rachel's show. 

Let's talk about Rachel Ray. As many know I went to the taping of her show yesterday. We weren't allowed to have phones on so it was quiet for a bit. You'll notice I didn't say much about it after leaving. I've really sat and thought, re-evaluated, pondered and did my best to come up with the best word to describe her. Here it is.

HORRIBLE!!!!!!
ROTTEN !!!!!!!!

She barely acknowledged the audience. Couldn't be bothered. Couldn't be bothered to glance our way. Was rude and standoffish with her staff and they were genuinely scared of her. When a light blew out, no fault of anyone and the camera guy pointed it out she handled herself as a true diva. Wretched. Freaked out. The poor guy was terrified of her. She was mean and over powering. The other camera man muttered "oh this isn't going to be good". Staff ran at racehorse scattered speeds to remain out of her way at all times. Always guessing her direction. The camera rolled and her friendly excited face turned on. The minute the word cut was yelled her face froze over and the cold nasty person appeared suddenly. It appeared to me she isn't who she appears to be on the show.

So, Rachel Ray, I'm parting ways. The impression you left on me in just 2 hours was too much for me. Farewell, best wishes. I will no longer be watching your show.

This is well know about Rachel Ray. She is supposed to be a very nasty person and a diva.

Contributor

Jane was on QVC before Lisa.   And I don't see Jane wearing the same black pants every week on tv for three or four years in a row.  So, if  she is a Lisa wannabe she better find her some bell bottom black pants that are too long and some black lip liner😜

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@Lori Kaye

I've been to Rachel Ray and had a similar experience.  When cameras were tolling she was as sweet as can be but before the show, during breaks between segments and after the show, she ignored the audience completely.  Between one segment she went behind the scenes and could be heard screaming at someone.

Recently I saw she had her dog on the show.  This surprised me as the dog bit someone on 2 different occasions and was declared dangerous.  The dog was going to be put to sleep but there was a plea bargain that the dog would be sent to Rachel Ray's upstate house and kept away from the public.

There were large monetary settlements given to the bite victims.

@muttmom  Here's an article about that.  It was written in 2010.   At that time it says that Isaboo, Rachael's pit bull, has attacked 5 other dogs.  I wonder if the count is higher than that now.  I think in my county she would have been forced to put the dog to sleep.  http://blog.dogsbite.org/2010/02/pit-bull-advocate-rachael-ray-under.html

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I don't normally watch Rachel Ray's shows but since the OP posted the note early enough I decided to DVR today's show to watch later on. The segment with JRT was at about the half hour mark of the show. It was OK and I thought the G.I.L.I. blush colored leather jacket on JRT was nice looking (that was the recent TSV).

But both Rachel and JRT would have looked better with shapewear at the waistline and tummy area (like most of us) because maybe it's obvious on TV when you carry weight there.

The young woman in the beige sweater tunic recently lost 30 pounds and I thought she looked fine in the after clothes. The long cardi on the first makeover lady was really long and overwhelmed her slim figure.

And yes, the audience all got a $100 QVC gift card so it was free advertising for QVC. Undoubtedly they got some new customers who watch the Rachel Ray show.