Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,268
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Hiking Anyone?

[ Edited ]

They are not meant for hardcore hiking; more of a cold weather commute shoe, outdoor exploring, etc. Yes, they are a fashion take on a hiking boot. I like them; then again, I am a big Cole Haan fan.

 

"The ZERØGRAND Wedge Hiker Boot is ready to take on the winter commute in style. Featuring a waterproof leather upper, removable molded EVA footbed, all-day comfort wedge, and a sturdy lugged outsole, this boot delivers that coveted hiker-chic look while keeping you protected from the elements."

 

ETA: I own these from Cole Haan

W12834_E.jpg

and just ordered these from the current sale

W15745_A.jpg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,545
Registered: ‎01-19-2015

They’re pretty to look at, but not practical for hiking. I’m getting tired of white soles, and won’t buy any more. They’re always getting dirty!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,928
Registered: ‎03-21-2010

My property backs up to a state park.  One of their trails ends up by me, so I do plenty hiking!  My usual uniform is long sleeve cotton shirts, heavy jeans and hiking boots.  Being so near the park does have some draw backs.....occasional black bears, deer and lots of snakes (harmless though. Also isolated.  And the human variety is even more dangerous. So we have plenty security.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 743
Registered: ‎12-15-2013

When I was younger, I may well have chosen these boots for urban hiking. The quality looks nice, so have it at if it floats your boat!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,488
Registered: ‎04-18-2013

@jonbon wrote:

They are not meant for hardcore hiking; more of a cold weather commute shoe, outdoor exploring, etc. Yes, they are a fashion take on a hiking boot. I like them; then again, I am a big Cole Haan fan.

 

"The ZERØGRAND Wedge Hiker Boot is ready to take on the winter commute in style. Featuring a waterproof leather upper, removable molded EVA footbed, all-day comfort wedge, and a sturdy lugged outsole, this boot delivers that coveted hiker-chic look while keeping you protected from the elements."

 

ETA: I own these from Cole Haan

W12834_E.jpg

and just ordered these from the current sale

W15745_A.jpg


@jonbon 

 

I have boots very much like both of these which I wear a lot.  I wouldn't consider either one a hiking boot, though.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,399
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

@KatCat1 

 

My guess is Cole Haan feels their fashion customers don't take every word quite so literally and "hiker" is a bit of a play on words.

 

I think they are cute and would wear them with Smart Wool socks, a cuffed ankle jean, plaid shirt and down jacket. Then I would hike right across the street to happy hour. 😚

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,268
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@KittyLouWhoToo wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

They are not meant for hardcore hiking; more of a cold weather commute shoe, outdoor exploring, etc. Yes, they are a fashion take on a hiking boot. I like them; then again, I am a big Cole Haan fan.

 

"The ZERØGRAND Wedge Hiker Boot is ready to take on the winter commute in style. Featuring a waterproof leather upper, removable molded EVA footbed, all-day comfort wedge, and a sturdy lugged outsole, this boot delivers that coveted hiker-chic look while keeping you protected from the elements."

 

ETA: I own these from Cole Haan

W12834_E.jpg

and just ordered these from the current sale

W15745_A.jpg


@jonbon 

 

I have boots very much like both of these which I wear a lot.  I wouldn't consider either one a hiking boot, though.


I didn't mean to imply that these were hiking boots, and they are not called that in their descriptions. I was just noting that I am a Cole Haan fan and own the two boots pictured (they're both on sale right now, too!).

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,488
Registered: ‎04-18-2013

@jonbon 

 

I think they are both nice looking boots!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 884
Registered: ‎10-21-2019

Re: Hiking Anyone?

[ Edited ]

@KatCat1  I do like those! I purchased a somewhat similar pair a couple of years ago in blue....I think it was Ryka? maybe not...and no I didn't wear them hiking lol...just like I never wore my ski jackets skiing Smiley Tongue 

 

@jonbon  like the ones you posted too! I've never tried Cole Haan before, but maybe after the holiday season is past I should check them out

 

ETA if the price is right....even at $125 that might be a little bit much for me

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,077
Registered: ‎04-04-2014

@magicmoodz wrote:

@KatCat1 

 

My guess is Cole Haan feels their fashion customers don't take every word quite so literally and "hiker" is a bit of a play on words.

 

I think they are cute and would wear them with Smart Wool socks, a cuffed ankle jean, plaid shirt and down jacket. Then I would hike right across the street to happy hour. 😚


@magicmoodz 

Yeah. The copy @jonbon posted from Cole Haan lays it out.

 

I remember wearing (real) hiking and construction boots in the 70s with skirts. I moved in very groovy circles...Woman Very Happy