Esteemed Contributor

I like these boots and I would wear them w/ my winter white ankle length jeans or cords as a fashion boot. My actual hiking boot is not nearly as pretty.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I think that's a cool looking boot, but that's not something I would wear hiking.

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Katcat1 

My guess is Cole Haan feels their fashion customers don't take every word quite so literally and "hiker" is a bit of a play on words.

I think they are cute and would wear them with Smart Wool socks, a cuffed ankle jean, plaid shirt and down jacket. Then I would hike right across the street to happy hour. 😚

@magicmoodz 

Yeah. The copy @jonbon posted from Cole Haan lays it out.

I remember wearing (real) hiking and construction boots in the 70s with skirts. I moved in very groovy circles...Woman Very Happy

@Andreatoo 

Right there with you girl!

Valued Contributor

@Andreatoo  Got  yellow construction boots for college in 1970’s. My mother was appalled. 

Wore wedge sandals to hike Mount Mohonk, upstate New York. Everyone in their hiking boots laughed, but I made it to the top and down again. Always wear heels

5 ft. 1  3/4). )Husband didn’t tell me to pack sneakers.

Wish I had had these Hiking Wedge Boot. They would have been perfect!

Honored Contributor

@Zaimee 

Are you from upstate New York? I was there for Hurricane Andrew, a lucky coincidence, and loved it

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

This boot is more of a fashion statement.  I doubt you would wear off white boots hiking.  However, some of the comments are so very mean.

@Katcat1 Don't pay attention to the mean comments. I love the boot especially the wedge! 

Honored Contributor

@manny2   Those boots are a very big fashion statement this year.  The price for Cole Haan is actually a great price at $125.  You are right about ignorning the mean comments but when you say something and the next person commenting completely says something mean you wonder what  some of these people are about or at least I do.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@Andreatoo   I am from Queens, NYC but went to college upstate NY.  Two years ago my husband surprised me with a trip to resort that we could never have afforded then near our college. Not a sneaker person. Went hiking, horse back riding, hay ride in heels! It was fun and a beautiful change from Flat Florida.

As for Hurricane Andrew, never thought it was coming to West Kendall.......my mother, sister, and niece were visiting from NYC. No shutters back then. Much destruction as the news showed. Lucky you missed it.  No air, no water. Took them 3 days to get a flight out. 

Every year we we go through the hurricane stress. This year was quiet. 9 days until hurricane season ends. Phew! That’s our price for living here.

I see you have your boots on. Me, too. Finally, enjoying our winter weather. Bought a cute off white shaggy jacket in Century 21, Sawgrass...$9.99!!! By Derek Heart. And a distressed jean jacket by JouJou  for $13.99. Check it out.

Honored Contributor

@Zaimee 

What is score! I haven't been to Sawgrass in ages! That's an outlet mall for those that wonder what we're talkin about. And the place is ginormous!

The fortunate thing about the hurricane was that 90% of my Florida relatives decided to follow my daughter and I up to New York! LOL we had a pseudo family reunion. My ex and his kids left the comparative safety of Miami Beach to go to his sisters down off Old Cutler! Big mistake!

A few of my cousins live in the Schenectady area but our parents grew up in Saratoga Springs. I think the favorite part of my New York vacation was Lake George!

Valued Contributor

@Andreatoo  Went to Lake George once.Think it was a place called the Sagamore. Beautiful but lake was COLD.  MY blood has thinned out since moving to Florida 45  years ago.