Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

My question was only to ask if the prices meant a better product. 

I don't buy clothing from them anymore.  I do look at clearance and AS IS.  My question was just out of curiosity.  Are the prices much higher because the product is BETTER.  Is the fabric longer lasting of higher quality to warrant prices points usually over $50.  Perhaps I am missing  something.  I buy my clothes from Walmart, Costco, Blair (when on sale)  and any other place that offers prices that I am comfortable with.

Yes, you are missing something.  You seem to think that every Qvc shopper in entire country has your income, your lifestyle and your shopping concerns.   Why??????   Why would you think that an $80 top that you think is expensive is expensive to every woman in the country????  You speak like $50 is exhorbitively expensive and perhaps it is to you but obviously it isn't to most shoppers here.  You have found the retailers that satisfy you so I wonder why you are moaning and groaning about Qvc prices when you dont even shop here.  If you are sad and frustrated that you can't afford the prices here, just stop watching.  

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I buy by color, style, and price.  I am a bargain shopper.  I want something to look nice on me so I simply shop around.  

I check in to QVC but no longer watch regularly.  Whenever I do see what is being offered I am seeing very high prices for most of the fashion items.  We are talking about tops, pants, shoes, purses.  The host always talk about the fabrics being super special.  

I guess my question is are the prices worth it because of special fabric?  I really doubt anyone seeing me would know the difference.  Not even sure I know the difference.  Much of the time I hear last call, or never to be offered again, etc.  Buy now or else. 

@bonnielu , after reading some of the responses on this subject, I understand what your point is.  Apparently, some do not.   IMO, the "special fabric" they tout is not worth it to me.  However, others may have different thoughts.  Just wanted to tell you I understand what you're questioning if that helps.

Valued Contributor

No the QVC items do not warrent the prices.

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu   The prices are higher due to increased shipping and manufacturing costs.  In the meantime, quality has decreased to help compensate for increased costs.  They're trying to not get too far from the price the customer is willing to pay so things are more cheaply made, including cheaper fabric.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

My question was only to ask if the prices meant a better product. 

I don't buy clothing from them anymore.  I do look at clearance and AS IS.  My question was just out of curiosity.  Are the prices much higher because the product is BETTER.  Is the fabric longer lasting of higher quality to warrant prices points usually over $50.  Perhaps I am missing  something.  I buy my clothes from Walmart, Costco, Blair (when on sale)  and any other place that offers prices that I am comfortable with.

Yes, you are missing something.  You seem to think that every Qvc shopper in entire country has your income, your lifestyle and your shopping concerns.   Why??????   Why would you think that an $80 top that you think is expensive is expensive to every woman in the country????  You speak like $50 is exhorbitively expensive and perhaps it is to you but obviously it isn't to most shoppers here.  You have found the retailers that satisfy you so I wonder why you are moaning and groaning about Qvc prices when you dont even shop here.  If you are sad and frustrated that you can't afford the prices here, just stop watching.  

Wow! You had to be rude, not only once, but twice. You do not know that most people here can afford it anymore than you criticizing her that she finds it unaffordable for what it is.  You complain just as much as anyone here, you just direct it at people. 

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse , very well said.  With that poster, it's almost expected.  However, when she needs advice or needs to vent, it's a whole different story.  

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@GenXmuse , very well said.  With that poster, it's almost expected.  However, when she needs advice or needs to vent, it's a whole different story.  

I've noticed. She's lucky that most people aren't like that. 

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

I've noticed. She's lucky that most people aren't like that. 

@GenXmuse , I agree.  I try to post my answers in a fashion as if I'm talking to someone in person.  That's the problem; it's so easy to be snarky, rude and condescending on the internet.  IMO, there's no reason for her to be that way; it could've been worded much nicer.  It gets tiresome.

Respected Contributor

There is nothing special about polyester, regardless of the persons name on the label. Some may be a little heavier than others, but it is still polyester. The prices being charged now are ridiculous. Ple Ty of places you can buy polyester tops for $60 and not even have to pay for shipping. Q needs to come back down to earth on their clothing prices.

Respected Contributor

My shorter answer to the question is I do think at times the fabrication does matter and costs more to have some nicer pieces.  I can see and feel the quality.

For example I bought some joggers locally. Good price and after one season they look worn with cotton balls.  I wash all my things carefully but doesn't look like it.  Bought some from Q and a little higher price, but not by much, and so far wash up and keep their shape better than the ones I have.  The fabric made a big difference.  

So old ones for home only and walk the dog and ones I can go out in and feel better and look better.  Turned out to be the better value because of the fabrication.

Not all things priced higher better, but some I do think are worth the price.  Brand and where made makes a difference too I think.  

Things made in Vietnam fit me great and China not so much.

I think Flexibelle that I purchased worth the price, but I buy when discounted.  Wash up great, keep their shape all day and fit me perfect.