Respected Contributor
I am continuously surprised at the ever increasing prices of clothing on QVC. $49.00 for a long sleeve Denim &Co Tshirt?? Thank goodness for Marshalls and TJMaxx!
Honored Contributor

Joan  Rivers blouse is lunch time special usually 75 now 28 I grabbed the white

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, $49 sounds like a lot for a long sleeve t-shirt, but at least you kind of know what you are getting with D&C.  Beware of TJMaxx and Marshalls.  Some of the items in those stores are things made specially made for them.  Even some of the items with a recognizable national brand have never been in a department store warehouse.  These items are made for TJX and the contract allows them to use the known national label.  It is sort of like QVC, where the hangtag shows all the deceptive information, but is really only representative of a comparative retail price. There are exceptions where the buyers were able to secure a batch of merchandise from a department store or the brand itself of items that are overstocks or orders rejected by the department store buyers.  The point is you aren't always getting what you think you are paying for at those stores. This is not gossip and hearsay, but details I know from my work in corporate retail and it is info you can find out for yourself if you are willing to dig around in retail business publications.  

Honored Contributor

A394221 is the # of the Joan Rivers shirt

Honored Contributor

By the sheer number of complaints I've been seeing here, you're not alone in this feeling, that's for sure! It does seem pretty expensive for what you're getting. 

Honored Contributor

I am continuously surprised at the ever increasing prices of everything everywhere.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Trix wrote:

Yeah, $49 sounds like a lot for a long sleeve t-shirt, but at least you kind of know what you are getting with D&C.  Beware of TJMaxx and Marshalls.  Some of the items in those stores are things made specially made for them.  Even some of the items with a recognizable national brand have never been in a department store warehouse.  These items are made for TJX and the contract allows them to use the known national label.  It is sort of like QVC, where the hangtag shows all the deceptive information, but is really only representative of a comparative retail price. There are exceptions where the buyers were able to secure a batch of merchandise from a department store or the brand itself of items that are overstocks or orders rejected by the department store buyers.  The point is you aren't always getting what you think you are paying for at those stores. This is not gossip and hearsay, but details I know from my work in corporate retail and it is info you can find out for yourself if you are willing to dig around in retail business publications.  

I still remember the day the Chicos outlet wasn't 😢 or Nordstrom Rack.  

The same seems to true now for most strip, outlet malls.  Just trash, not worth going to.  The Coach outlets are a hoot.

Honored Contributor

I am not in the least bit surprised at the prices.  That doesn't mean I like them, just that the vast majority of what I see in the local shops is very similar.

Yes, I have seen less expensive, but nothing that begins to compare with what I already own whether I bought it from QVC or anywhere else.  Fortunately I have no desire to buy a whole lot, so what I am willing to spend for one item, someone else might well be just as satisfied with dividing that same pot of money among several items.  

One observation -  in the 2 local chains I use for the majority of my clothing purchases, they are not lacking buyers in the sizes I need, and that's true along a whole range of prices.  

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:
I am continuously surprised at the ever increasing prices of clothing on QVC. $49.00 for a long sleeve Denim &Co Tshirt?? Thank goodness for Marshalls and TJMaxx!

@bargainsgirl 

With the amount of visits you would have to make to these stores to find a big savings, you would probably come out close to even if you bought what you wanted.

I have been in both of the stores often when I worked across the street and the items weren't what I would call a good value.

Their gem is housewares and the occasional handbag.  I quit.

Respected Contributor
I’d rather stab my self than rifle through the random merchandise at those places.