Honored Contributor

Re: High prices on everything

I haven't seen anything at all that I'd wear from QVC.   Most of what they are selling these days doesn't work for my lifestyle.  

Besides - I actually don't need any new spring/summer clothes.   I'll just wait until I unpack my warm weather clothes in May and decide then.

Honored Contributor

I can recognize exceptional fabric and workmanship, but I don't see the difference in a lot of high priced vs lower.

And even at the better stores, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, most of the clothes are made in China as well!

I'm seeing more made in India, other places, that yes are cut differently to a different size concept,

but still rare to find clothing made in the USA.

I think as always, just because something is high priced, does not mean it is better quality so hopefully we will know the difference and not just be taken in by marketing, name brands etc.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
OP is not exaggerating. Many things are way over $100. I could post a list of item numbers, but you can easily find them. I guess bringing in the high priced items is meant to bring in new customers, but I think it has had the opposite effect.

She is exaggerating.  Some are over $100 but there are just as many (if not more) under $100.  Depends on your viewpoint, what you're looking for, and what you're willing to spend for quality.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When you buy stuff from a home shopping channel, you pay for all of the 'middlemen'. Everyone gets their share of the pie which you paid for.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

We're definitely paying for those European and Far East vacations all the hosts seem to take! I don't begrudge them their salaries but don't blow smoke up my tushie and tell me I'm saving money because the Q doesn't have the overhead?!!

Honored Contributor

Exactly! @Andreatoo 

Honored Contributor

Now I wish I had learned how to sew. LOL!!!

I could make my own cute tops.

I don't have any patience now so not a good idea.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

Whenever I see the woman doing the Singer sewing machine presentations I feel inspired but that's about as far as it goes! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz I don't question your thinking but.........by the time you buy material by the yard -plus all the this & thats needed.....and I have no idea what that cost is today........ I know .my sewing days are behind me b/c I can buy ready-made so  much cheaper (honest)  Now cheaper doesn't necessarily mean QVC - I shop the Internet for sales.

Material + thread + buttons  + zippers + tape for seams or whatever = $$$.00  plus hours of time if you enjoy it.

Thankfully I don't need much -well  stocked winter and summer supplies. 

Happy shopping

Respected Contributor

I have been here over 30 years and I don't buy anything that isn't on sale or discounted, here or the other channel. I also wait until they have their big clearance shows at the end of the season. I usually buy more at HSN because their sales are better than here. 

I don't work anymore but I still love clothes, kitchen items and some food products but if I am not crazy about the food I buy I get a refund. Those prices are high and it had better be good. 

If the garden flowers or fruit doesn't make it I get another refund.