Trusted Contributor

It seems that almost everything especially clothes prices are out of sight.Every vendor that comes on are selling items over 100 dollars.Jeans,tops,shoes some are almost 200 or more.Guess being retired my $ is important.Denim/co was my choice but even there I think twice.Only watch when tv has nothing else to watch,Can't buy like years ago.

Respected Contributor

Re: High prices on everything

@bewise wrote:

It seems that almost everything especially clothes prices are out of sight.Every vendor that comes on are selling items over 100 dollars.Jeans,tops,shoes some are almost 200 or more.Guess being retired my $ is important.Denim/co was my choice but even there I think twice.Only watch when tv has nothing else to watch,Can't buy like years ago.

I agree.  Back in the early TV shopping days it used to be about discount merchandise.  QVC has gradually changed to become the upscale tv retailer. 

Honored Contributor

I think the OP tends to exaggerate.   Except for leather shoes, I see little that is over $100.  Yes, clothing, and everything else, have increased, but your average shirt or pair of pants is not over $100, or anywhere close..  When have we ever seen prices plunge?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The only thing that seems to be upscale at QVC now is the prices....I sure don’t see any fashion or anything else I would consider upscale. I don’t pay $100 for a plain tee shirt anywhere. I can use promo codes at true upscale stores and pay less there than at QVC, and get free shipping all the time. QVC prices are way more than I am willing to pay for the quality and the inconsistent sizing.
Honored Contributor

OP is not exaggerating. Many things are way over $100. I could post a list of item numbers, but you can easily find them. I guess bringing in the high priced items is meant to bring in new customers, but I think it has had the opposite effect.
Esteemed Contributor

I look at it as value for the price and I don't feel I get that for many fashions on QVC.  I shop around and most  times end up shopping sales at Lands End, Eddie Bauer and LL Bean etc.  I can depend on quality and items that last for years not months.   I do stay away from overly trendy (cold shoulder for example).  Howerver QVC customers run the gamit of age and income so high end clothing is available as it should be.  

Trusted Contributor

@bewise  When I was working I never found the quality of QVC clothing lines that great and the fit was "hit or miss."  Now the prices and return policies are not compatible with how I spend my $$$.

Most of my casual clothing purchases are from COSTCO.  I'm an easy size to fit and their casual wear (outerwear, sleepwear, jeans, tops) are usually in the $15-20 range that suit me fine.  I have things that I've laundered continually for (sometimes) years.  Their quality is great!!

Honored Contributor

I certainly don't consider Susan Graver or LOGO high end. The prices are ridiculous on so many clothing lines on the Q, but people are clearly shopping.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pdlinda : I too regularly buy clothes at Costco.  I read that Costco sells more clothes than any other American retailer.  Goes to show if your prices are low and your quality high, there is no need to advertise.  I also shop online with Costco.

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@pdlinda : I too regularly buy clothes at Costco.  I read that Costco sells more clothes than any other American retailer.  Goes to show it your prices are low and your quality high, there is no need to advertise.  I also shop online with Costco.

@patbz  I’ll have to check online. My Costco doesn’t carry many woman’s clothes.