Honored Contributor

Re: High prices on everything

@Nightowlz wrote:

Now I wish I had learned how to sew. LOL!!!

I could make my own cute tops.

I don't have any patience now so not a good idea.

@Nightowlz : I used to sew back in the day. It’s a time-consuming endeavor. Especially tedious was matching up plaids at the seams of jackets, skirts, blouses, etc.. lt takes a whole lot of patience, which l no longer have!

To this day, my pet peeve with clothing is plaids or horizontal stripes that don’t match up at the seams. This is all too common, sometimes even with expensive brands!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@bewise  I agree that the Q raised prices too high.  This is not a store where you can try a garment on.  You have to pay for shipping and if the garment doesn't fit, you have to pay for shipping back to the Q.  I feel that should be taken into consideration when pricing.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Now I wish I had learned how to sew. LOL!!!

I could make my own cute tops.

I don't have any patience now so not a good idea.

@Nightowlz : I used to sew back in the day. It’s a time-consuming endeavor. Especially tedious was matching up plaids at the seams of jackets, skirts, blouses, etc.. lt takes a whole lot of patience, which l no longer have!

To this day, my pet peeve with clothing is plaids or horizontal stripes that don’t match up at the seams. This is all too common, sometimes even with expensive brands!

@handygal2 

It never really bothered me until you ladies kept bringing it up! lol Woman Wink

But I look for it now and what really irks me is while SG is rambling on about her superior to everyone else's construction ('it's comparable to 3rd floor Neimans') her prints don't line up at the seams?!!!

Frequent Contributor

I do not pay $60 for a sweatshirt or casual wear. Thats what I see lately on QVC! So I just watch and make a purchase elsewhere. 

Frequent Contributor

There are so many better choices on line and in stores that offer famous brands at fantastic sale prices  ....plus they offer petite sizes. 

I am sad to hear Macys is going out pf business.  It was my favorite.

Contributor

Oh how I agree! Especially ad Denim & co. Used to be in the $20s, now in the $40s. Clearance prices should be the normal prices. I can't justify prices for most items anymore. Really a shame.

Respected Contributor

While I don't think most things are over $100, I am noticing basic cotton t-shirts are now in the $30-$40 range. Ridiculous!

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor

@Deeze wrote:

There are so many better choices on line and in stores that offer famous brands at fantastic sale prices  ....plus they offer petite sizes. 

I am sad to hear Macys is going out pf business.  It was my favorite.

Macy's is not going out of business. They are closing about 125 stores. 

Frequent Contributor

I agree. The other night, I saw a cute Susan Graver top. I like a lot of her prints, but with the shipping (my state does not have a tax on clothing, luckily), it came to over $50 for polyester. I have noticed that a lot of the items presented, even if on "clearance" seem to be high for the fabrication and design. They seem to be hawking easy pay for everything, and while that can be a useful budgeting tool if used judiciously, it doesn't lower the high prices in the end, because you still are paying for the item at that original presented price. 

Frequent Contributor

Costco does have some nice things. I recently picked up two pairs of jeans and  pair of pajamas from there that were good quality.