Trusted Contributor

Re: High low tops, shark bite tops etc

[ Edited ]

I think they will be a Goodwill item before long. Donation places will be flooded with “many layers” and “jagged hems”. Fashion is designed to make these hot items obsolete just as most people are getting on the bandwagon. These trends come & go so fast and that makes it more profitable for the entire fashion industry – it is intended to work that way. Invest your hard earned money wisely. JMHO…you get yours & I get mine.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

Getting the right size and the right length is key to a good look. And - add a shoulder pad if you have sloping shoulders.  

I have a long torso ... I can't wear any of her recent shorter styles.  

Trusted Contributor

I thought hi-lows and sharkbite hems would have died out at least a year ago but they are still going strong in both tops and dresses.

I bought my first sharkbite hem top at a craft show; I never thought I'd buy one.

Next, I've had good luck with One World tops from Evine. And then I've bought some hi-lows from Kohls and Macys (no particular brand).

Except for buying online from Evine, I tried them all on before purchasing. Sometimes the sides on the sharkbite hems land in a bad place on the hips, making them look wider.

Honored Contributor

I tend not to spend money on trends and was not enamoured with irregular hems; then I happened to purchased a logo that gentlely followed the form of my body and made my imperfect body look better.  I was hooked.  However, I tend to shop "as is" and not over purchase "sharkbites" knowing that eventually the tides will change. This is true for all fashion, and in the meantime I'm really comfortable in my Logo that I tend to mix with my  traditional clothing.  I love my Logo, it fits my lifestyle and makes me happy to get dressed in the morning.

Super Contributor

Cato does a lot of sharkbite and hi-lo hems. If you have store near you go try for what fits best