Honored Contributor

I have a couple tops where the back is slightly longer than the front, but nothing too dramatic. I don't care for the ones with a big difference between front and back. I dislike skirts and dresses with different hem lengths - looks strange to me (unless it is resort wear).

Esteemed Contributor

I have a picture of myself from 1970 and I'm wearing a handkerchief hem top. I was young and pretty at the time, so it looks cute. But when I try the high/low, sharkbite hems on now, it's not the same.

Some women look great in them, and I'm not one of those women.

Respected Contributor
I'm seeing them in the new catalogues so I guess the style is still in. I'm not a fan, though. I don't own any, as I'm afraid they will date a top or dress and I like to keep my favorites.
Respected Contributor

I think the high low, shark bite, asymetrical...whatever...is distracting to the whole outfit. It's what your eye is drawn to rather than the whole person's clothing.

I was seriously considering A259213 Active Regular French Terry Jacket until I saw the way the hem dips in the back and thought it would be most unflattering. If you have something to hide back there, this just draws more attention to the area.

Shirttail hem is nice, as shown in the IM top above.

Super Contributor
On 1/30/2015 happygal said:

I think the high low, shark bite, asymetrical...whatever...is distracting to the whole outfit. It's what your eye is drawn to rather than the whole person's clothing.

I was seriously considering A259213 Active Regular French Terry Jacket until I saw the way the hem dips in the back and thought it would be most unflattering. If you have something to hide back there, this just draws more attention to the area.

Shirttail hem is nice, as shown in the IM top above.

I have to agree with you on that jacket. It's not the longer back, but in that product photo the model is wearing something that is not appropriate for her shape, doesn't fit properly, or the product is poorly designed. Take your pick.

I have some tops with a longer back ... but they don't fit me like that. No attention drawn to rear.

Respected Contributor

I like it on tops, but hate it on skirts and dresses.

Valued Contributor

love the high low style, it flatters one's figure if there are issues with the stomach area as well as the hip area. hope it stays around for ever. people with problems with their weight can't wear short tops, it shows every issue

Super Contributor

I am getting tired of them. I have some and I like those, but I don't like them in every top I wear. It seems that lately all Denim & Co. is showing are high-low hems or Active clothing. I like a little more variety in my choices.