Esteemed Contributor

Re: High-Quality T-Shirts for Summer?

I love the cold water creek an LL. Bean and LC.

Esteemed Contributor

n 3/12/2014 violann said: Who remembers the Sport Savvy set of 4 T-shirts that came in the vinyl tote? Best T-shirts EVER. I suspect the q stopped selling them because they lasted so long they cut down on sales. Another lost product from ""The Good Old Days of Q"".

Yes! And they were wonderful never shank.....I would order the black color combo which came with a black a white and a dot and a stripe. I still have the tote which I bring with me to the supermarket. What a wonderful deal... those shirts wore like iron.

Super Contributor

I love my J Jill pima cotton tees.

Esteemed Contributor

Banana Republic has some nice t-shirts. The Gap's are pretty good too, but stick with the Pure Body (basic white, black and gray t's) and Essentials. Some of their prints and trendy tees are thin.

Land's End and LL Bean are usually reliable to have nice beefy gauge cotton tees too.

Honored Contributor

walmart on the men's side LOL even found a pink one over there . My husband said he wasn't surprised.

Trusted Contributor

Macys Charter Club pima cotton t's...haven't seen what they have this year but have bought for years and always happy with them. I recently bought llbean and thought the quality had gone down.

Super Contributor

On 3/12/2014 Sharke said:

walmart on the men's side LOL even found a pink one over there . My husband said he wasn't surprised.

{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

If I bought a pink shirt for my DH...well, it wouldn't be "pretty".{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

I love the Croft & Barrow t-shirts at Kohls. They have them in a V-neck and they are in a range of colors, some stripes and some prints. I usually get them on sale for around $6.99 and then a coupon on top of that. They are a beefy weight, they don't shrink and the length is perfect.

Target also carries what are called Ultimate T's under the Merona label. These are very nice too and come in a V-neck or scoop neck. They have a lot of colors and I think they are around $10.00. They are a bit longer. I have found they aren't as beefy as the C&B from Kohls but they are still nice.

Honored Contributor

On 3/12/2014 maryebrown said:
On 3/12/2014 Sharke said:

{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

If I bought a pink shirt for my DH...well, it wouldn't be "pretty".{#emotions_dlg.lol}

I hear ya'..............LOL

Super Contributor

Wow! Thanks a lot. I haven't checked any of these places yet.

It's very strange to me that some places make t-shirts so thin that you need to wear something under them... how does that help on a hot summer day?