Contributor

I think it's a bad idea to buy many consumer goods with resale in mind. I agree with Songbird about designer handbags like Chanel, Hermes and Fendi retaining some value, but bags from Coach, D&B, etc. have so flooded the market that you would likely have a hard time trying to re-sell them on e-bay. Moreover, as expensive as those bags have gotten in recent years, you can't touch a very high-end designer bag for under $2,000 now.

I had a collection of high-end watches that I ended up selling not too long ago, and e-bay was not even a consideration. When I did finally part with them, I got a very small fraction of what I paid for them at retail. Lesson learned.

Honored Contributor

You can find a perfectly nice bag for under $100, just not one in leather. And not one with a logo that anyone will recognize.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I'm still shocked at the low sticker price for the boy bag. That is a super hot bag, and many are doing versions of them. But they came in at $4,000.00 and is for the small version. That is a rock bottom price for such a high end item. The leather is lamb by the way. I saw it at the Chanel store. I don't even care for bags, but I love that bag.

Respected Contributor

"But there's also nothing wrong with $500, $1000, or $10,000 handbags. It's all about choice."- I disagree- Spending 10k on a bag is about values! I know many people who could spend it but simply don't because it's just dumb and pretentious.