Esteemed Contributor

Re: High Heels with Slim Pants

I never wear high heals even though I'm 5'2. I'm short and proud of it. Plus I'm to much of a klutz to wear them. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think they put high heels with skinny pants on the models because that is the only way they will look good because the pants are often too SHORT for the tall models.  If you put flats on with skinny pants that are too short, it would ridiculous unless you they were sold as ankle pants.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@donovan wrote:

So to me, it looks strange when the models /OAP/hosts wear sky high pumps with leggings.  Reminds me of Peggy Bundy in Married with Children prancing around the house.

Smiley LOL  You got that right.  Peg could wear those black leggings w/heels like nobody could prancing around the house!

So could Sandy in Grease.  Especially on grass. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I love the look, but it's not for me, even after four foot surgeries.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I could see high heels with a slim pant, but leggings are casual (elevated in leather) style, and they need a shoe less dressy.

I'm not comfortable in heels over 3 inches.

Honored Contributor

I would if I could.  I can't wear very slim leg pants because my calves are too large, but I'll wear high heels with whatever slim pant look I can get away with.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, Peg Bundy was ahead of her time.................

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I have worn them with leggings.  Leggings do not have to be just casual wear - it depends on the top and shoes worn with them.

Honored Contributor

Not stilettos but yes, I like wear heels with slim pants otherwise I look like Stumpaluffagus. 

Valued Contributor

I think it is a very unattractive look on anybody. Very uncomfortable if you standing or walking for any length of time. I rarely wear long pants due to the climate I live in, and would not be caught dead pairing them with heels.