Honored Contributor

Do you wear high heels with slim leg pants? 

Sometimes the Q stylists and other fashion photographers put really high heels on the models when they’re wearing slim and skinny pants, jeans, and leggings. I’ve also seen high heels on many photos of outfits posted by bloggers.

I realize high heels elongate the leg and make you look taller. I still have a few pairs of heels that I wear with some of my dresses and tailored trousers. I love them, but I don’t think I’d ever wear them with slim or skinny pants. It’s not a look I see often on women in my city either. 

Respected Contributor

Re: High Heels with Slim Pants

[ Edited ]

I've done it occassionally. On me it looks best with a very tailored, straight leg that isn't tapered at the bottom. If it's closer to a legging fit, then no, I don't wear heels. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Valued Contributor

I would rather not wear high heels at all.

I am rather tall as it is and taller than my husband.

I am into comfort shoes and there are cute shoes that are comfortable but high heels have never been comfortable to me.

Honored Contributor

@wilma No.  Always makes me think of a particular type of woman.  I think it's a tacky look.

Honored Contributor

I have not worn heels since I retired.  When wearing skinny jeans or leggings when I am lounging around town, I wear Nike's, & combat boots in winter & sandals as well as sneakers in the summer.

Out on the town, I wear my leather Enzo flats.

My GFs still wear heels when out on the town wearing skinny jeans or leggings.

"Different Strokes For Different Folks."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I don't wear skinny, high heels.

They do look good on the models and hosts, though.

Also, I don't see anyone around here wearing very high heels with skinny pants or leggings.

But, keep in mind that I'm not the most observant person in the world, either.

I attended many weddings, sat around and watched, and I couldn't tell you what shoes women were wearing. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

If someone has slender legs, I like the look of a slim pant with high heels...to me it's a sexy look.   Not with leggings.

I can't wear a high heel...wide foot with a very high arch.  They just aren't comfortable, and I refuse to suffer for a "look".  But for those who can...enjoy!

Super Contributor

I've always looked at leggings as very casual attire, so I wear flats, sandals, or boots when I wear them.

So to me, it looks strange when the models /OAP/hosts wear sky high pumps with leggings.  Reminds me of Peggy Bundy in Married with Children prancing around the house.

Slim legged pants don't bother me with high heels.  Normal work clothes in my opinion.

Contributor

I must be that "particular type of woman"-  I do wear heels with slim leg pants, well I did until my recent hip replacement.  Look forward to completely healing so I can wear them again.   Not that matters but I'm 73 & most of my friends wear heels with slim leg pants.

I do not wear them with leggings- wear sneakers/flats with those.

Honored Contributor

Due to a ligament problem in my foot and ankle, I cannot wear a heel over 1".  I have a huge collection of flats; all styles, colors, materials....some really cute ones.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment