Honored Contributor

High-Heeled Pumps With Leggings?

I've noticed that Lori Goldstein usually wears high-heeled pumps with leggings or jeggings, when presenting her LOGO fashions. Sharon Faetsch does too, when hosting with Lori. Today she is wearing them with Capri-length leggings.

This is a combination l never see in real life, as leggings are "athleisure" wear, and the dressy (and uncomfortable) stilettos certainly are not.

Is this combination of pumps with leggings being worn where you live?

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Re: High-Heeled Pumps With Leggings?

Yes; I often see leggings worn in a dressy fashion with high heel shoes or pumps.  Some leggings are dressy and some are sporty, and of course, what you wear on top really determines the outfit.  Dressy leggings, dressy top/tunic, dressy shoes.

Honored Contributor

I never see that in real life either.  Although, I don't rule it out in some places....places, I wound't go to.

Valued Contributor

Personally, I like to wear Tennies (there are so many cute ones in fashion) or sandles, flats or flip,flops.  I don't think Capri leggings can affectlvely be dressed up.  Wedges are much better than spike heels.  It looks ridiculous.  

Trusted Contributor

If they're high quailty, and solid black, but not capri length.

Respected Contributor

Don't care for the look personally.  It looks as though you have not finished dressing. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They mainly wear heels because they are short.  I think a lower 2 in. heel (Mary Jane with strap across instep) would be cute but not 3 in and up.  IMO  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

No, I don't see leggings with either high heels or pumps. I see flats or sneakers. I live in a very casual college town, so maybe that has something to do with it. 

Honored Contributor

I guess it's a look.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I very seldom see anyone wearing high heels pumps with anything where I live.  

I went to a wedding last summer and the bridesmaids wore dressy flip flops with their floor length dresses.