Honored Contributor

Remember Yul Brynner in the King and I ? there you go.

Honored Contributor

index.php.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

index.php.jpeg

This is different.  The pic depicts culture not fashion.  

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

When I was a young nurse, we had a very large "gypsy" population and one young woman who was part of the tribe told me the pockets went to the floor in her pants.  The pants looked almost exactly like this. 

@StrayThere is a reason for that......

In my neck of the woods starting in early spring certain Gypsy Romani tribes would "visit" for a few days to weeks.  The Romani females would hit the strip malls in groups of 3-6.  By the time they left a particular store their "pockets" were loaded w/clothes on one side & electronics in the other.

By the time the store employees notices the missing items, the videos reviewed, the Romanies are in another town or city.  By the time the story hits the local news, the Romanies caravan have left the State.

The "older/senior" females who wear long skirts or dresses, have no need for pockets.  They can walk NORMALLY out of a store in "seconds" w/a 40 inch tv under their skirts. faint.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen them on any women yet but I'm seeing them in trendy boutiques and in social media.  It won't be long before they show up on the streets.  I call them clown pants, atrocities.  But!  That's what I said about skinny jeans when they first made an appearance.  I remember my friends and and I  laughed at what we saw as ridiculous trend.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Stray wrote:

When I was a young nurse, we had a very large "gypsy" population and one young woman who was part of the tribe told me the pockets went to the floor in her pants.  The pants looked almost exactly like this. 

@StrayThere is a reason for that......

In my neck of the woods starting in early spring certain Gypsy Romani tribes would "visit" for a few days to weeks.  The Romani females would hit the strip malls in groups of 3-6.  By the time they left a particular store their "pockets" were loaded w/clothes on one side & electronics in the other.

By the time the store employees notices the missing items, the videos reviewed, the Romanies are in another town or city.  By the time the story hits the local news, the Romanies caravan have left the State.

The "older/senior" females who wear long skirts or dresses, have no need for pockets.  They can walk NORMALLY out of a store in "seconds" w/a 40 inch tv under their skirts. faint.gif

@Mz iMac it's true.  I just didn't want to state the purpose of those big pockets 😆.  

Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF wrote:

@SharkE  @Enufstuff   Yes, the obie belt!   I also vaguely recall a shirt? blouse? sweater? that got a lot of teasing and head-shaking around here that looked like the top worn by the crew of the Starship Enterprise. (I suddenly feel very old!) 

@MacDuFF    Don't discount the obi belt.  Renee Greenstein was selling one yesterday.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Cool, comfortable, casual pants like those I see worn by women from California to NYC. I swear some of the women on this forum don't get out much. 7 pages of comments... Sheesh. 

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Valued Contributor
There's a big difference between wide leg flowy pants and the mess that Peace Love World is offering.
Trusted Contributor

I expected to see theseSmiley Indifferent2F3676BA-AD99-401C-AE6D-1EEB7BCC9EA2.png

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson