Honored Contributor

@libbyannE

I only watched a portion of the presentation.

Here's some info from the website.

Cleans 864 loads of laundry

• Approx. 4 years worth of laundry for the average family

Simple to use

• Just throw the egg into the drum of your washing machine
  • No detergent required
  • When filling the Ecoegg, add the recommended amount of mineral pellets and one full packet of tourmaline pellets
  • The tourmaline pellets help circulate the mineral pellets
  • The tourmaline pellets will last for the life of the Ecoegg and do not need to be replaced or refilled

Ecoegg laundry egg

• The ultimate alternative to ordinary detergent
  • Contains no harsh chemicals, yet provides effective cleaning results
  • Lab testing shows it cleans as well as natural liquid detergent
  • Formulated with some biodegradable ingredients
  • Formulated to minimize residue on clothing
  • Suitable for all washing machines

Dermatologically tested

• Suitable for people with sensitive skin
Honored Contributor

Re: Hey fashionistas!

[ Edited ]

Thank you for mentioning this.  One of my goals for the new year is to transition to chemical free and cruelty free household products.  For a long time I've been working on diet and clothing that integrates my lifestyle with purchases, but I need to be more conscious of household products, so this is a priority for 2017.  I will take a look at this product and also welcome any recommendations for healthy house cleaning products. (I've even started exploring making my own.._which in some cases is quite simple)

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Thank you for mentioning this.  One of my goals for the new year is to transition to chemical free and cruelty free household products.  For a long time I've been working on diet and clothing that integrates my lifestyle with purchases, but I need to be more conscious of household products, so this is a priority for 2017.  I will take a look at this product and also welcome any recommendations for healthy house cleaning products. (I've even started exploring making my own.._which in some cases is quite simple)

@phoenixbrd,

I'm not totaly green yet but I've been trying to live a green life for many years. I think we should get this book! I've been looking at it my my shopping cart for too long now. What do you think? Amazon has this book and it looks like a good read.

513r4zJl3GL._SX406_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

As I said I didn't watch the whole presentation and since you're using a similar product I have a question:

Clearly there aren't 864 packets of pellets that come with the kit! I'm assuming that a packet of the washing pellets last for quite a few loads?

The tourmaline pellets are never changed...do the mineral pellets dissolve over time?

Super Contributor

There are reviews for this product on Amazon.  I'm going to give them a try.  There are two different eggs in this set, one for colored laundry and one for whites.  I currently use Nelly's, which I like, but the the pail it comes in takes up a lot of room.

Honored Contributor

@karlam

The Nelly's is a good product! I still have some but this one seems more convenient as I live in a condo without machines in the units......Not that the can is a major imposition but tossing the egg in to my laundry basket is even simpler! (and this is less expensive)

I look forward to trying it.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@SilleeMee

As I said I didn't watch the whole presentation and since you're using a similar product I have a question:

Clearly there aren't 864 packets of pellets that come with the kit! I'm assuming that a packet of the washing pellets last for quite a few loads?

The tourmaline pellets are never changed...do the mineral pellets dissolve over time?

Yes, they last and last until they get dissolved. The tourmaline pellets( ceramic ion generator) do not dissolve. They emit "cleaning ions" into the water to make the water act more like a cleaning agent. Some companies make balls with just the ceramic tourmaline beads and nothing else. These work okay, you still need to add detergent to this kind.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo@SilleeMee

Thank you. New to me! I can't imagine how they clean, but I may look for them in the grocery store. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

I'm glad to hear that the product, or like product, actually works well!

thanks!

Just checked out Amazon. the prices are all over the place but suffice to say the HSN price is still the cheapest...

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@phoenixbrd,

I'm not totaly green yet but I've been trying to live a green life for many years. I think we should get this book! I've been looking at it my my shopping cart for too long now. What do you think? Amazon has this book and it looks like a good read.

513r4zJl3GL._SX406_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

@SilleeMee

@phoenixbrd

Love y'all!  I, too, need to be more aware of my 'footprint'.  I used to use a washer ball back when but have drifted away.  I'm tempted to try the unscented HSN offer.  2016 was trying new things, but 2017 is locking a minimalist process in place for the long haul! Thanks for your encouraging words. Definitely will check out the book. Thanks, lovelies!