Honored Contributor

You may want to check out HSN's today's special; may not be clothing, per se, but has plenty to do with clothes!

I bought it. Couldn't pass up 864 loads of laundry for $30.00!! And I like the idea that it's eco friendly too. My DH is under the impression if it doesn't have a scent his clothes aren't clean! This particular brand has scents (I ordered the 'fresh linen') unlike some of the other phosphate free/eco friendly brands they've sold....a win win in my household...

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

You may want to check out HSN's today's special; may not be clothing, per se, but has plenty to do with clothes!

I bought it. Couldn't pass up 864 loads of laundry for $30.00!! And I like the idea that it's eco friendly too. My DH is under the impression if it doesn't have a scent his clothes aren't clean! This particular brand has scents (I ordered the 'fresh linen') unlike some of the other phosphate free/eco friendly brands they've sold....a win win in my household...

I have asthma and I hate scented laundry products, to me it is vile to walk past some at the pool and their towels reek from Downy.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox

I could care less either way but there is an unscented version if you're interested.

Honored Contributor

I have another brand of the balls already and I love them. They get your laundry clean and they leave it fresh smelling, not fragrant, but clean smelling if that makes any sense. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have another brand of the balls already and I love them. They get your laundry clean and they leave it fresh smelling, not fragrant, but clean smelling if that makes any sense. 

@SilleeMee

What brand do you have?

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately Ecoegg has no ratings yet but HSN apparently sells a few of the 'natural' products and the other one that I have tried, nelly's laundry soda, is very well reviewed.

The others on the list; not so much.

I also tried another, S20, that came in sheets and were very convenient. I can't pull up ANY reviews although it's clearly rated and has 22 of them! (in the preview screen)

Honored Contributor

I'm trying Fresh Linen.  I love subtle scents on towels and linens.

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee

What brand do you have?

@butterfly123,

Mine are called "Washer Balls" and they have those beads inside that can be refilled but I can never find refills so I just use a whole new set.  I bought six sets of two balls over two years ago from ebay and I just started using the third set!  They were dirt cheap, like $10 each back then. I know amazon sells them but they cost a little  more. I like them a lot.

WASHER BALLS

Washer-balls.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo

I am not sure what this product is. Please tell me more. Are the balks filled with detergent? Another poster mentioned Downey, which is a softener. I don't use softener or dryer sheets. I am Curious because I like the idea of an ego-friendly laundry detergent, esp because we live on a lake.

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@Andreatoo

I am not sure what this product is. Please tell me more. Are the balks filled with detergent? Another poster mentioned Downey, which is a softener. I don't use softener or dryer sheets. I am Curious because I like the idea of an ego-friendly laundry detergent, esp because we live on a lake.

@libbyannE,

The Ecoeggs have pellets in them. There are two different kinds of pellets in each ball. One type of pellet doesn't dissolve but emits ions into the water to make the cleaning process more efficient. The other type pellet within the egg is a compressed detergent which dissolves over time and it takes quite a long time to dissolve. The dissolving pellets are the ones that vary with scent and softner. HTH.