Honored Contributor

Re: Here come the fall fashions

Biftu

I couldn't agree more with your post.  I too cannot wait for the cooler weather when the air is healthy and  not stagnant, when the horrible humidity and heat leave, when I feel motivation for doing things and being out and about.  I am grateful to live in an area that has fall and winter months.

As far as fashions, I have plenty to wear so even though I am happy to see fall fashions appear, I do not need anything.  I do agree the fashion world pushes the seasons but I guess that is what they must do, always moving forward fast to the next season of clothing.

Here's looking to better weather!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Change of seasons here but I have enough for all seasons.  I can't get them all worn each season either so I am good for next couple years. 

Good clothes and I move old stuff out but I work still so work clothes and play clothes.

I like to watch but won't be buying.  Give me a sweatshirt and flannel shirts all winter long and I'm happy.

Honored Contributor

I've always loved Fall fashions, and I do wear long, lightweight sleeved tops/shirts in warm weather. 

Just to cover my arms from burning, and also from bees, which seem to follow me around. 

(Although not many bees around in the past twenty or more years.  Used to be that there would be about twenty or more in my garden, many years ago.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Sometimes, even in the Appalachian mountains, we're comfortably warm (even me!) into mid October.

Esteemed Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

Biftu

I couldn't agree more with your post.  I too cannot wait for the cooler weather when the air is healthy and  not stagnant, when the horrible humidity and heat leave, when I feel motivation for doing things and being out and about.  I am grateful to live in an area that has fall and winter months.

As far as fashions, I have plenty to wear so even though I am happy to see fall fashions appear, I do not need anything.  I do agree the fashion world pushes the seasons but I guess that is what they must do, always moving forward fast to the next season of clothing.

Here's looking to better weather!!!

can't wait until 9/22....first day of Fall!!

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Sometimes, even in the Appalachian mountains, we're comfortably warm (even me!) into mid October.

That must be a beautiful place to live!

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

That must be a beautiful place to live!

@fairydogmother 

7 Reasons to Consider Living in Asheville | The Cliffs

If you know of Biltmore House, the largest privately owned castle in the United States, I live 15 minutes from it.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a plan.  Yes, they always start showing Fall stuff in mid July and it's full on Fall in early August.   The hosts will be in boots, sweaters and jackets.  Makes me laugh.  I look but I don't buy any clothes  for Fall until mid September.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Sounds like a plan.  Yes, they always start showing Fall stuff in mid July and it's full on Fall in early August.   The hosts will be in boots, sweaters and jackets.  Makes me laugh.  I look but I don't buy any clothes  for Fall until mid September.

@chrystaltree 

From the year before, I have sticky notes of what I'm going to try to find on my calendar.  

I don't even pull up or look in detail at anything fall unless it's a real need!

Esteemed Contributor

I was on Nordstrom's yesterday looking at Trench coats.  It never occurred to me that I don't own one.  I have a leather trench, but not one for inclement weather.  Just looking at the coats got me excited about Fall.  The thing is I really don't need another coat or jacket.  I'm going to make sure I can fit my coats for the Winter if I have to starve myself.

It's one of my cases of the "want haves."

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life