Respected Contributor

Re: Here come the fall fashions

[ Edited ]

I just heard the Vince Camuto rep suggest wearing today's tsv boot pumpkin and apple picking!  Who wears a heel to go pumpkin picking?

Honored Contributor

Seriously, who even GOES pumpkin picking?  Please sign in here and tell me why it requires special fashions.

Honored Contributor

And another thing, the colors tend to be very dreary, black, burgundy, brown, forest green.

Valued Contributor

This means I will be watching a lot less of the Q. I live in southeast Florida and pretty much wear the same clothing items year round. I might wear longer pants on cooler days in January that are seldom. No long sleeves, sweaters, or jackets for me though. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

Seriously, who even GOES pumpkin picking?  Please sign in here and tell me why it requires special fashions.

@depglass   LOL. I get my pumpkin at the grocery store on my way in to get my milk, bread, etc. Make a separate trip out in the fields? Meh!

Honored Contributor

I haven't bought any fall fashions yet, but I've seen them online already. I usually wait until September or October to buy new things for colder weather. If I saw something I loved, though, I'd buy it now and put it away for later. I'm still finding lots of great sales in summer items. Just ordered a few more short sleeved tees. 

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I actually went pumpkin picking ONCE w/ my grandkids. Oh I thought, it will be so delightful to be outside and see the joy in their eyes when picking out their special pumpkin. Reality: it was muddy, it was dirty, parking was horrible and the grandkids were indifferent to picking out a pumpkin. They were toddlers (3-5) and seriously did not seem to enjoy themselves at all. 

I did not wear special clothes.

I did not wear heels.

I did wear my very unglamorous mud boots - thank heavens.

I would never go again. Smiley Happy

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@fairydogmother  I live in S Florida for decades, most of us have summer clothes and winter clothes.  Honestly, you won't be wearing a t shirt and shorts when it's 65 degrees, you'll freeze.  You're blood does thin out.  You'll wear a jacket, pants and maybe even boots when it's 65-75 degrees. Not winter coats but definitely clothing for two distinct seasons.

I've lived here three years. Coming up on my fourth winter. In January I wear jeans or capris, and short sleeve tees. I don't wear my flip flops when it's in the low sixties. 😉I've chuckled at the folks who bundle up like 65 degrees is freezing. So my "winter wardrobe" consists of long pants and two long sleeved tops, a denim jacket and loafers.. Really have only needed to dress that way for 3,4 days a year. 

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

I can't wait for summer to end and look forward to fall and winter fashions.  Give me winter and fall any day.  Hate the heat with sweating and bugs.  Give me cool crisp air without air conditioning.

Respected Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@depglass wrote:

I actually went pumpkin picking ONCE w/ my grandkids. Oh I thought, it will be so delightful to be outside and see the joy in their eyes when picking out their special pumpkin. Reality: it was muddy, it was dirty, parking was horrible and the grandkids were indifferent to picking out a pumpkin. They were toddlers (3-5) and seriously did not seem to enjoy themselves at all. 

I did not wear special clothes.

I did not wear heels.

I did wear my very unglamorous mud boots - thank heavens.

I would never go again. Smiley Happy

Did this when my kids were little. Again when my grandson was little. The places you go for this (Michigan) are highly commercialized for the fall season- lots of fun kids activities, wagon rides, piles of pumpkins everywhere, lonnnngggg lines for cider and a dry donut, and of course a corn maze. Which I would totally get lost in. Haha. I always wore jeans, shirt, maybe a jacket. And shoes that I didn't mind getting muddy. Happy times but I'm glad to be in a different season of life.  

Harmonize the World