Respected Contributor

Re: Here We Go Again with OVERPRICED LOGO

I’m not even careful about how I launder most of my LOGO. I don’t have problems with pulling, holes, or shrinkage.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:
@Katcat1:

What specifically is the quality issue? I have a lot of Logo that have been worn and washed over and over. No fading, no shrinking, no pilling. No seams opening or buttons falling off. Considering the complicated garment construction and fabric combinations, I think we’re getting a good deal. I couldn’t make it myself these prices.

@ALRATIBA   Same here with my LOGO, which I've been buying from her beginning at QVC and I still own and wear everyting - even from ten years ago.  I've not had problems with any of the fabrics. (I had a few As Is items that arrived pilled between the legs, but I sent those back as "defective."  I haven't had a pilling issue with my clothing).

I also do not put LOGO in the dryer.

@Pearlee 

Until this week, I hadn't put any LOGO in the washing machine or the dryer.  My clothes don't get that dirty ... I just rinse it in the bathroom sink and lay it out or hang to dry.  It's dry in the morning!

BUT ....  I had two tops from several years ago (I think around 2013 or so) - sort of striped tie-dye. Really pretty colors - perfect summer tops.  I lost a bit of weight and was hoping to shrink them a bit.  The neckline was bit too wide now. 

NO SUCH LUCK ...  couldn't even shrink LOGO.  Came out as good as it went in.

As LUCK would have it ... yesterday I saw some "sewing hacks" on YouTube to fix the neckline.  So - LOGO tie-dye rises again!

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA   Congrats on your weight loss - wish it was contagious and I'd catch it from you!  LOL

BY the way, I forgot to mention that while I never put LOGO in the dryer, I have always put mine in the washing machine.  I hate hand washing. I just use the gentle cycle (if it's rayon/span, otherwise the regular cycle for the Fr. terry, etc.)  and use Dreft detergent (for baby clothes - doesn't contain the harsh chemicals in most detergents - a boutique owner of very $$$ clothes once recommended doing that, esp. to preserve colors).  Never a problem with my LOGO.

By the way, I totally believe your post!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@MomCat  f.y.i. I am not a dishonest person and do not line being labeled this way.  REPEAT I have had no problems laundering my Logo - get it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee 

I use Suave clarifying shampoo for my hand laundry.  Great for removing makeup and other body oils from clothes.  Rinses clear.  

Our laundry room has commercial grade washing machines ... so nothing "iffy" goes in the machine.  I really don't mind doing it by hand.  Takes five minutes in the evening and back in the closet in the morning.  Otherwise it would sit in the hamper for several days.

Contributor

Broadway/Timesquare runway?
Maybe on layered homeless that frequent the area!
Otherwise it's just broadway shows here!
Honored Contributor

I hate to be unkind but I just don't get the success of this line.  Once I read that she had purchased a 9 million dollar loft in New York, I decided not to contribute to paying her mortgage.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

I hate to be unkind but I just don't get the success of this line.  Once I read that she had purchased a 9 million dollar loft in New York, I decided not to contribute to paying her mortgage.  

@depglass 

Real estate is uber expensive here .. . and worth every penny!

ETA:  Her loft is direcly across town from my apt.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

@depglass You could say the same thing about any piece of clothing. There is someone who makes money from it. You just don’t know about it. Should she give the clothing away for free. I don’t understand why people get so upset when money is made from products being sold.

Honored Contributor

Re: Here We Go Again with OIVERPRICED LOGO

I guess it all comes down to personal taste.  I was a big B Makowsky lover and he was another one that came under criticism for style and quality issues.  I must have bought six of his bags over a couple years.  I read he bought a 17 million dollar house and realized I  helped him with that.  I dont expect these designers to work for free, but some of them are making a real killing.