Valued Contributor

Re: Here We Go Again with OVERPRICED LOGO

I like Lori. I watch, and I have a few pieces. But I have NEVER understood how she can charge so much for what is basically a tee shirt! $70-80!! I do not understand how she can say that all her things are "chic." I think when she layers all those ruffles at the bottom, she looks like one of the orphans on stage in Annie!! Not chic at all.

CHIC to me is Louis Dell'Olio. His designs are so classic and HIS fabrics are excellent quality. I can buy a truly beautiful blouse or skirt from him for the same price as a tee shirt from Lori. He is an extraordinary designer. Everything he presents is beautifully cut, beautifully sewn, and really pretty. 

Again, I don't dislike Lori at all! But the prices are just so outlandish. 

Esteemed Contributor

One more comment from me.  If I want to buy HER STYLE for any of my theme dances I participate in I can go to Walmart.  I have found similar designs on sale for less than  $15.  Otherwise not my taste or desire to buy.  

Honored Contributor

LOGO is touted as a designer brand so you should expect to pay designer prices. I love Loris jeans and am willing to pay the high price, are they worth it? Well, they are worth it to me, if you are looking for a bargain wait till the stuff goes on sale.

Respected Contributor

It will all be on Lunchtime specials very soon. Only way they can get rid of it. All days have at least some and some days that is al that is on. Very annoying.

Honored Contributor

@65and fabulous wrote:

I like Lori. I watch, and I have a few pieces. But I have NEVER understood how she can charge so much for what is basically a tee shirt! $70-80!! I do not understand how she can say that all her things are "chic." I think when she layers all those ruffles at the bottom, she looks like one of the orphans on stage in Annie!! Not chic at all.

CHIC to me is Louis Dell'Olio. His designs are so classic and HIS fabrics are excellent quality. I can buy a truly beautiful blouse or skirt from him for the same price as a tee shirt from Lori. He is an extraordinary designer. Everything he presents is beautifully cut, beautifully sewn, and really pretty. 

@65and fabulous 

This is a "chic" LDO piece ... rayon / spandex blend.  Roll your cursor across the picture - you see the item number.  Looks a lot like LOGO doesn't it?  

Linea by Louis Dell'Olio Short Sleeve Swing Top - A306339

Super Contributor

I like Logo, but I saw a tank top at $70 and that really floored me!  .it wasnt Lavish or fancy, just a cotton top with a small v-style cut in the neck!  We have our limits QVC, 

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@65and fabulous wrote:

@65and fabulous 

This is a "chic" LDO piece ... rayon / spandex blend.  Roll your cursor across the picture - you see the item number.  Looks a lot like LOGO doesn't it?  

Linea by Louis Dell'Olio Short Sleeve Swing Top - A306339

Hi @ALRATIBA I wrote a litle while ago in your post about this top.  I guessed it was LDO because you included his name with Logo, and his fashions would never be confused with Logo. This was a very uncharaceristic top for him, he has nothing else like it.  Logo pieces, some of which I love and wear, have virtually zero tailoring and are easy for anyone to wear, whereas Louis is a traditional designer selling a low priced line for qvc.  His garments have a much more sophisticated construction, unfortunately for longwaisted women, which I am not.  I do have some pieces that fit, and they are beautifully constructed.  With Logo, what stands out is the color, the prints, and the mixed media.  Unfortunately, in my experience, the Logo materials are not durable.  And I don't smoke, nor spend time with anyone who smokes.  I use the washing machine, but don't put the garments in the dryer.  Louis materials are very durable.  Very different lines.

Esteemed Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

This thread should be in FASHION, not BEAUTY.

The concept of "overpriced" depends on the buyer and her budget.

LOGO has many fans and Lori is a very knowledgeable designer.

Lori G. quite frequently uses high quality fabrics and embellishments (lace borders, mother-of-pearl buttons, detailed embroidery), which do add to the price, but make the final design so special.

Shopping at QVC is a choice!

I am fortunate that I can buy what I want but I would never spend my money on this logo stuff so for me yes, it is overpriced for "fshion"?????? that makes most models and hosts hips look hugh

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mspatmac  Wherever you shop is your choice not just QVC.  I am starting to get turned off by their slow shipping habits.  I live 2 blocks from an outside mall and about 6 miles to downtown Naperville, IL that has just about every store under the sun -- Eddie Bauer, Talbots, The Gap, Benefits Cosmetics, Clarks shoes, JJill, Black Market, etc., Soft Surroundings, Ann Taylor, J Crew, Banana Republic, Sephora, Apple, etc. and the list goes on.  I am starting to change my ways and shop in the area.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I was layering my clothing long before I ever saw a LOGO show. I purchased many pieces from LOGO until I realized the quality wasn't there, even for that price point back then.  When the designs became mostly the uneven hemlines, and ruffles placed in unflattering areas, I slowed down those purchases.  Layering pieces are much easier to find these days at a much better value than this line.  Those of you denying the quality issue, you are not being honest.  There is no one more careful with laundry than me, and between shrinkage and piling, this line is not a value.  If you are not bothered by that, fine, but stop trying to convince the rest of us it isn't happening.  We all have different levels of what we choose to tolerate, and I've seen more than enough posts about the quality issue to convince me I'm on the right track.