Valued Contributor

Re: Here We Go Again with OVERPRICED LOGO

And here we go again with the LOGO bashing..  

Honored Contributor

'Geeeeez', this website is slow today.

'Anyhow'............

Take a look at A 347517  ...... LOGO Cardigan with printed trim.   $37.86.

Nice colors, etc.

A big compliment to LOGO by saying that I've recently noticed that the models have been wearing nice, calming, elegant color combinations. 

Several mono-chromatic combinations, etc., which I like.

Not to many highly contrasting color combinations as before.

I've been taking more (longer) notice of the very nice well-deserved 'stand alone' pieces. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

This thread should be in FASHION, not BEAUTY.

The concept of "overpriced" depends on the buyer and her budget.

LOGO has many fans and Lori is a very knowledgeable designer.

Lori G. quite frequently uses high quality fabrics and embellishments (lace borders, mother-of-pearl buttons, detailed embroidery), which do add to the price, but make the final design so special.

Shopping at QVC is a choice!

You need to read her biography. She is not a designer---- she is a stylist. That is a big difference. 

@elated 

actually, whether or not you want to call her a designer, there ARE designers behind the brand......there are designers behind EVERY brand here on qvc. now, whether or not you like the choices or materials or styles or materials or pricing within the brand is a different story. that is why we all have options both on and off of qvc.

LOGO has a pretty big following and some are quite passionate about the clothing. they love it, they wear it, they purchase it, they show it off in photos. i dont think it is going anywhere anytime soon.

some pay the prices, some wait until the prices go down. whether or not it is overpriced is definitely a subjective comment.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

This thread should be in FASHION, not BEAUTY.

The concept of "overpriced" depends on the buyer and her budget.

LOGO has many fans and Lori is a very knowledgeable designer.

Lori G. quite frequently uses high quality fabrics and embellishments (lace borders, mother-of-pearl buttons, detailed embroidery), which do add to the price, but make the final design so special.

Shopping at QVC is a choice!

You need to read her biography. She is not a designer---- she is a stylist. That is a big difference. 

@elated 

Lori Goldstein has had an unbelievably outstanding career as a stylist.  Now she is a designer for QVC, and she is still fabulous.  They are lucky to have her.  It’s fine if you don’t like her, but many, many do.

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  That is the host's opinion and yours and I have mine.  I am not saying that Logo does not have some nice styles but her quality is not there to justify the higher prices.  I recently had several women comment on the quality and I am personally aware of it.  I am not a fan of her tunic tops with ruffles at the hemline and chiffon.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1:

What specifically is the quality issue? I have a lot of Logo that have been worn and washed over and over. No fading, no shrinking, no pilling. No seams opening or buttons falling off. Considering the complicated garment construction and fabric combinations, I think we’re getting a good deal. I couldn’t make it myself these prices.
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA   Piling and quality of fabric (very thin).

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@ALRATIBA   Piling and quality of fabric (very thin).

The fabric has to be thin in order to allow layering.   If you remember the 80's,  the Gap used to sell layering tees - which were very thin.   If they weren't thin,  people would complain they were too hot.    I haven't had any problem with pilling.. I don't put my Logo in a dryer.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1

I haven’t had any pilling at all. That may be an issue of wear/care than quality.

The fabrics are a finer weight by design. So I don’t consider that a “quality” issue, but rather designer choice. These designs just wouldn’t work with “industrial strength “ fabrics that others like QF, IM, or D&C use ... fabric weights that I personally don’t like.
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:
@Katcat1

I haven’t had any pilling at all. That may be an issue of wear/care than quality.

The fabrics are a finer weight by design. So I don’t consider that a “quality” issue, but rather designer choice. These designs just wouldn’t work with “industrial strength “ fabrics that others like QF, IM, or D&C use ... fabric weights that I personally don’t like.

@ALRATIBA 

i have not had any problems with the quality of any of the fabrics that are used or with pilling. i wash mine on gentle and hang or lay flat to dry.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein