Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hemp FJ with Smoke Hydrangea Top?

Okay, had to run a quick errand. There's 6"+ of snow predicted starting tomorrow. Enough already!

Sheesh, is the grey skirt Louis' dark grey, like the recent Ponte leggings or hooded long zip tunic/coat? Do you have anything in the new Twig color? I know Louis paired the Twig WK tank with Navy on his site and on air. I love the Lace Cardis! I own a couple and am looking forward to the Ivory.

Which Ivory Ponte are you referring, same skirt# as the grey? I bought the White drawstring Ponte skirt on the bay in small. Its too big and haven't priced an alteration yet. Love that skirt. Too bad it wasn't reordered.

Regarding the Smoke pant...being short (5'2") and carrying my weight in my thighs, I hesitate, wondering if it would be flattering on me. I wore this style years ago, now, not so sure. I do own the Stone herringbone pant and some dark Taupe and Mushroom pieces...

Respected Contributor

OK, let me go look to see if the Smoke Hydrangea goes with the Stone Herringbone pant...be right back---gees, I could lose a pound running up and down the stairs!

As for the Ivory---yes, the Ivory Ponte Skirt or any of Louis' Ivories. Also the White Ponte Drawstring Waist skirt---which I adore---wish that was coming back--I have three and lived in them last summer.

The Grey Ponte was the Ponte that came in the skirt, the Slim Pants and the Zip Front Jacket---the Smoke Hydrangea looked blah.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

OK, I'm back, the Smoke Hydrangea Top! It also looks great with the Fawn (?) crepe trousers from a couple of years back.

Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2014 Sheesh said:

OK, I'm back, the Smoke Hydrangea Top! It also looks great with the Fawn (?) crepe trousers from a couple of years back.

I had a feeling that the hydrangea top would go with those fawn pants-- that are the pants that had the riding jacket with the black lapel. (There also was a red jacket with black lapel too).

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

On 3/10/2014 rochelle said:

Okay, had to run a quick errand. There's 6"+ of snow predicted starting tomorrow. Enough already!

Sheesh, is the grey skirt Louis' dark grey, like the recent Ponte leggings or hooded long zip tunic/coat? Do you have anything in the new Twig color? I know Louis paired the Twig WK tank with Navy on his site and on air. I love the Lace Cardis! I own a couple and am looking forward to the Ivory.

Which Ivory Ponte are you referring, same skirt# as the grey? I bought the White drawstring Ponte skirt on the bay in small. Its too big and haven't priced an alteration yet. Love that skirt. Too bad it wasn't reordered.

Regarding the Smoke pant...being short (5'2") and carrying my weight in my thighs, I hesitate, wondering if it would be flattering on me. I wore this style years ago, now, not so sure. I do own the Stone herringbone pant and some dark Taupe and Mushroom pieces...

Jumping in here. The herringbone pant looks great with the hydrangea top. They are very pretty and summery together.
Esteemed Contributor

Well I may have ordered the wrong color in the grey Ponte skirt. I just looked at the video of the hooded Ponte blazer(a237551) Sheesh, is this what you own? I can see its a very different color than the Ponte zip long tunic.(A239315) This appears to be a much lighter, medium grey shade. I'm not sure now if I should try to change my order. I thought the Twig Hydrangea top and the solid Twig jacket would work with this skirt, along with crisp whites and possibly other Linea tops I own. Hmmmm.

I own the Fawn slim leg pant from years back. Thanks for the heads up Marilyn.

Respected Contributor

On 3/10/2014 JustJazzmom said:

I had a feeling that the hydrangea top would go with those fawn pants-- that are the pants that had the riding jacket with the black lapel. (There also was a red jacket with black lapel too).

The Item # I have on my pants is A221851. Shows the Black version when you pull it up. Already gone from my Order History so can't verify the name of the color, but I think Fawn.

Respected Contributor

Well I may have ordered the wrong color in the grey Ponte skirt. I just looked at the video of the hooded Ponte blazer(a237551) Sheesh, is this what you own? I can see its a very different color than the Ponte zip long tunic.(A239315) This appears to be a much lighter, medium grey shade. I'm not sure now if I should try to change my order. I thought the Twig Hydrangea top and the solid Twig jacket would work with this skirt, along with crisp whites and possibly other Linea tops I own. Hmmmm.

Did you miss reading one of my posts above regarding the Fawn (?) pants and the Stone Herringbone?

As for the Grey Ponte---I own the Skirt, the Slim Pants, the Hooded Ponte "Blazer: and the Zip Front Jacket. That is the Grey I put the Smoke Hydrangea up against and I did not care for it---totally blah and made the Top look muddy.

I think the Grey Hooded Ponte Tunic is the same grey, but I don't have it.

Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2014 JustJazzmom said:

The Item # I have on my pants is A221851. Shows the Black version when you pull it up. Already gone from my Order History so can't verify the name of the color, but I think Fawn.

I remember it being called 'fawn'.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Did you miss reading one of my posts above regarding the Fawn (?) pants and the Stone Herringbone?

As for the Grey Ponte---I own the Skirt, the Slim Pants, the Hooded Ponte "Blazer: and the Zip Front Jacket. That is the Grey I put the Smoke Hydrangea up against and I did not care for it---totally blah and made the Top look muddy.

I think the Grey Hooded Ponte Tunic is the same grey, but I don't have it.

Maybe wearing the Twig Ponte with the Grey Skirt and the Top will pull it all together, but the Top with just the Grey is what I don't think works. Which Jacket is the Twig Ponte?