Honored Contributor

I found this on a site and thought it was a good tool  Feel to share any helpful "fashion" information finds.

Rise char.JPG

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono---What height is the model? I had low-rise and they were only 5-6inches and the jeans I have on now are 12inches high.  Maybe I am all mis-shappen?  Where are they measuring from?   Thank You, You always have interesting threads and I always enjoy them.-------tedEbear

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

I found this on a site and thought it was a good tool  Feel to share any helpful "fashion" information finds.

Rise char.JPG

@lolakimono - Good find! To buy the best fitting pants the Rise & Inseam can make a world of difference in comfort & fit. Even the athleisure lines-the higher end ones are selling different options.

I just posted about Beyonce's Ivy Park leggings & the different options she is going to offer for the Rise. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I always need to pay close attention to rise on pants.  Although I am only 5ft4in, i am long from waist to crotch area.  I have a long torso and shorter legs, so I can't usually wear petite pants.  The chart is helpful.

Honored Contributor

@tedEbear wrote:

@lolakimono---What height is the model? I had low-rise and they were only 5-6inches and the jeans I have on now are 12inches high.  Maybe I am all mis-shappen?  Where are they measuring from?   Thank You, You always have interesting threads and I always enjoy them.-------tedEbear

@tedEbear

Excellent questions, and I don't know the answer.  I can direct you to the article, from selfridges.com (search "denim fit master class") but I don't see any information about that model.  They walk you through how to choose from six fits of jeans.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono---Thank You fo response.  Is this the Selfridge that is on TV?  I'm going to have a look at the site.--tedEbear

Honored Contributor

Re: Helpful fashion info.

[ Edited ]

I think the graphic would be more helpful if she didn't have a shirt on. We could see her waist and navel....

I like the contrast stitching and the double button fly...

Honored Contributor

This might be helpful:

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@seedpie wrote:

Thanks for the info.  I always need to pay close attention to rise on pants.  Although I am only 5ft4in, i am long from waist to crotch area.  I have a long torso and shorter legs, so I can't usually wear petite pants.  The chart is helpful.

@seedpie This is me!  But I'm 2 inches shorter than you (5'2").  Same problem - I can't wear petites because I need a longer rise, but I always need to shorten the legs.  And pants or jeans that say "mid-rise" are actually low rise on me.  But I'm short-waisted - shorter from shoulders to waist. Getting pants to fit right is a pain.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

tedEbear wrote:

@lolakimono---Thank You fo response.  Is this the Selfridge that is on TV?  I'm going to have a look at the site.--tedEbear

Yes.  I have only seen the London flagship store and it  is magnificent.  The prices are very expensive.  My brother moved to the UK at the end of 2014 and my Christmas gift to him was a gift certificate for Selfridges.  Let's just say in order to know that he would be able to buy more than lunch I had to go into three figures for the gift card Woman Surprised.