Contributor

Help with Fit of Kim Gravel's Flexibell

I need some guidance on the fit of the Flexibell pants.  I normally wear 2X in Quacker Factory pants and have purchased them for years; however, after wearing them for several hours, they always look and feel larger.  I want to try Kim Gravel's pants, so am asking how you buy them.  I don't want to look like a "sausage' in my pants, but would like that they not end up so baggy.  I would like a closer fit to the body, but don't want to look squeezed into the pants.  I hear that when buying pants that have a high amount of spandex, you usually downsize.  I've seen the plus size gals on the Q wearing Kim's pants, and their thighs looked terrible, not all but some.  

I open to all suggestions and want to hear from you.  Thank you in advance for your replies.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Help with Fit of Kim Gravel's Flexibell

What  I do is always check the   (To see the specific garment measurements for this item, click here. ) on the item.  Then check measurments on your Quacker factory item.  That should be a good judge for you.  In Quacker factory and Kims pants I wear the same size.  Hope this helps.

Contributor

I don't size down in Kim's jeans, I go with my normal size.

Trusted Contributor

I, too need help with Flexibelle. I bought  a larger than usual ankle pant (which isnt even close to my ankle) because of the spandex. They are very tight in the legs which are so long they touch my instep. But the bigger problem is the waist is too big and they keep needing to be pulled up. I don't want to lose the money for shipping and another $6.95 to return them. If I got a smaller size the tightness on the legs would be intolerable. and they are all sold out anyway. Is there a way to make the waist smaller??? Sew in some elastic or something? I tried to contact Kim on Facebook, but there is no where to post unless you are a friend. 

Esteemed Contributor

@geegerbee wrote:

I, too need help with Flexibelle. I bought  a larger than usual ankle pant (which isnt even close to my ankle) because of the spandex. They are very tight in the legs which are so long they touch my instep. But the bigger problem is the waist is too big and they keep needing to be pulled up. I don't want to lose the money for shipping and another $6.95 to return them. If I got a smaller size the tightness on the legs would be intolerable. and they are all sold out anyway. Is there a way to make the waist smaller??? Sew in some elastic or something? I tried to contact Kim on Facebook, but there is no where to post unless you are a friend. 

I was recently recommended invisible belts from Amazon to help me keep my pants up.  See https://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/I-Decided-I-Hate-Pull-Up-Stretchy-Jeans/td-p/6783656

There is a version with a buckle, and one without, which I will be tying.  Good luck!

Frequent Contributor

I can't wear her flexibels. I've bought two pair and had to return both b/c of the fit. A size 6 is the right size and they actually fit, but then they keep sliding down and have to be hiked up. I also can't wear Susan Graver's pants, even though she says she's the "pant destination." Her sizing is unbelievable. You just don't know what you might get. 

I just stick to those that arte more "strict" sizing and the sizing that remains the same throughout their collection. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I tried them once and sent them back.  I think the fit is big in general, and in addition, they run especially large in the hips and legs.  They just don't work for me at all.  Also, the fabric is kind of heavy.

Respected Contributor

I purchased Flexibell crops for the first time a couple of weeks ago.  I too like QF (I like their crops).  But it doesn't seem QF has any new ones available and who knows if they will.  For me, I wouldn't size down due to stretch in Flexibell.  I got the Hollywood crop pants but I did return them.  I felt it was more like a jegging than a crop pant.  It felt a little big up on top and pretty tight as it went down from thigh and definiteley into knee area.  I got my normal size and if I had sized down, they would of been too small.

Honored Contributor

I can't remember which pant it was but the knees were intolerably tight.  I have the best luck with D&C jeans, but I can't wait until I can try on Lee jeans in the stores again.  

Valued Contributor

I have a couple pairs of her straight-leg flexibell jeans. I am 5'11" and got the tall which aren't really very long. They shrink in the dryer and then stretch out again, and the length works out after they stretch out because they do slip down some -- but I still find them pretty comfortable and wear them around the house mostly.

I bought a couple pairs of Quacker jeans -- supposed to be straight legs but the XL is HUMONGOUS in the legs and I have to roll the waistband over because they are pretty huge, and the L is kind of too grippy at the waist. If I got to the size I was at the age of 20 they'd probably work in a small or medium, but at the age of 70 -- even though I'm active and careful -- that's not going to happen. Smiley Happy

Briggsie