Trusted Contributor

Help me wear my wide waist ponte knit skirt (A231138) - walnut

Hmm, I tried this on last night and am on the fence. It's a nice skirt, but it seems a bit long. I'm not much of a skirt person but I love the little leopard one so much that I purchased another Linea skirt. I bought this skirt along with the zig-zag top in green, as Louis demo'd on a sneak peek recently.

It's a wee bit tight in the waist but otherwise fits well. I'm a person who needs to wear flats or boots and this skirt seems to cry for high heels. Any opinions, advice are welcomed from this budding Linea Lady!

Honored Contributor

Re: Help me wear my wide waist ponte knit skirt (A231138) - walnut

Sounds like you've decided what you don't like about it already--I'd send it back. If you don't love it why keep it? Or have it hemmed and wear dark colored hose or tights with you flats. Boots would be great too. Add a blouse or turtleneck and vest or jacket or sweater or even a pretty tank with something long sleeved. It's been 100 years since I even had a skirt on myself but it is very attractive.

Respected Contributor

It's a good basic skirt and the walnut is a wonderful dark neutral color. I am 5'9"" and I shortened mine to just above the knee. I got the matching walnut tights from the Linea collection and I will be wearing it with brown suede boots and shoe boots when it gets a little cooler. If you don't mind having it shortened I would say keep it. You can wear it with so many other things.

Trusted Contributor

Hmm, yes a turtleneck would look nice with it. Thank you for the ideas!

Trusted Contributor

I ordered it to wear with the WK v neck sweater, walnut tights and a pair of Anne Klein leopard ballet flats. I plan on hemming the skirt since I will will this exclusively with flats... I also have my eye on the wing collared shirt to be offered soon- will pop that under the v neck, belt it with an obi or leather belt for a little different look. Will also pair it with the black zip front cardigan that i just love and just below the knee Frye boots.

Respected Contributor

On 9/18/2014 anniebethsmom said:

I ordered it to wear with the WK v neck sweater, walnut tights and a pair of Anne Klein leopard ballet flats. I plan on hemming the skirt since I will will this exclusively with flats... I also have my eye on the wing collared shirt to be offered soon- will pop that under the v neck, belt it with an obi or leather belt for a little different look. Will also pair it with the black zip front cardigan that i just love and just below the knee Frye boots.

You have such great taste! Your description has now inspired me to order this skirt, the v-neck sweater and tights. I already own a to-die-for (IMO) pair of leopard flats. Essentially, I'm buying an outfit for my shoes Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

A233957

Linea by Louis DellOlio Feather Jersey Drape Neck Shoulder Top

A237409

Linea by Louis DellOlio Whisper Knit Shawl Collar Rib Trim Top

A236139

Linea by Louis DellOlio Cowl Neck Marled Knit Top

A230030

Linea by Louis DellOlio Long Sleeve Abstract Print V-neck Top

Linea by Louis DellOlio Wide Waist Ponte KnitSkirt w/Button Detail

Trusted Contributor

GraceCo- Too funny! Because no one has ever done that before!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Thanks for the compliment, too.

Trusted Contributor

Lolakimono thank you so much for those suggestions! I knew you ladies would have great ideas!

I tried on the skirt again when I got home from work, without the Linea Body Leggings. This time it fit perfectly - which goes to show how substantial the leggings are. I liked it much better minus the leggings. To the point I might try to find a matching blazer.

How do you ladies add the pictures to the posts?

Honored Contributor

On 9/18/2014 PilatesLover said:

Lolakimono thank you so much for those suggestions! I knew you ladies would have great ideas!

How do you ladies add the pictures to the posts?

If the photo already exists online, like the ones I posted earlier...

1) using a PC you can right click to copy and right click to paste (or CTRL +C and CTRL + V).

2) using a MAC you can "drag and drop" the picture into the post.

For pictures like personal photos you need to have a photo sharing service like Photobucket.