Honored Contributor

Re: Help me find some nice (plus sized) pants for church (not too old-lady, not too trendy)

@msh8970

When you say you don't want trendy what exactly are you referring to?

Because if you don't like to hem you can always pick up a nice palazzo and if they're to long roll the waist band. a couple of times. Given the usual fabrication of most palazzos it doesn't create any bulk under your top....

Super Contributor

Re: Help me find some nice (plus sized) pants for church (not too old-lady, not too trendy)

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@msh8970

When you say you don't want trendy what exactly are you referring to?

Because if you don't like to hem you can always pick up a nice palazzo and if they're to long roll the waist band. a couple of times. Given the usual fabrication of most palazzos it doesn't create any bulk under your top....

By trendy, I mean things like the 'joggers' that seem to be popping up everywhere, and the pants with embellishments, anything that is trendy to me is not timeless, and I want more classic and  timeless pieces. Pants that I can still wear next year or even 3 or 4 years from now, and not look 'outdated' or like I am trying to hang on to my long-gone 20's or fit in the cool kid's club, so to speak.

Classic pieces.

Hope that makes sense.   

I just do not care for what is 'hot' right now, I want something classic and timeless, yet not old-lady-ish. I tried a couple pants from Joan Rivers that were not bad, but the material and look still kind of made me feel like an old lady. 

I guess I want some cotton in the pants, as well. Sometimes the fabric alone can make a big difference. 

But by trendy, basically I mean something that is not going to be or look outdated in a year or two. Seeing a lot of printed pants, too, lately, it seems, and I guess I am leaning more towards solids. Prints on pants to me often seem 'trendy'. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

Talbots may have plus sized petites, and Soft Surroundings possibly.

Kohl's ??

Lands End

Dang, Soft Surroundings looks perfect, style-wise, and some cute stuff as well, but I do not see plus sizes? I so need to get to the gym, lol. EDIT: woops, they do, it is in the 'Women' tab..durr!! Silly me!! 

Respected Contributor

You can try the LEE CURVY FIT MAXWELL TROUSER (and they can be bought online LEE.com).  Their Curvy-Fit style really fits me well (I am pear shaped). They look very nice and not expensive at all. They come in Petite, too.  I just looked online, they are on sale now.  I don't have this particular style, but I have other LEE dress pants (discontinued now) from three years ago that are still my favorite and does not go out of style.

Valued Contributor

I'm  plus-size too.  I buy all my slacks from Ulla Popken, beautiful fabrics and they carry petites.  They also have a wide variety---slim, straight, full, extra full.  Little pricey but they last forever without any pilling.  Also Just My Size has a nice line of slacks less expensive.  Both of these catalogues will offer discounts and often free shipping.  I just received a very nice catalogue from Ellos.com.  Really pretty things.  Anybody familiar with this site?  The prices are really good.

Honored Contributor

@msh8970

Land's End-Item #476401AHX

These come in "petite plus", and they will hem to your desired length for free. Cat Happy

They come in quite a few colors.

A few tweaks, more feminine than ever.

Chinos got their start as army pants (later on becoming cubicle wear). Utilitarian and comfortable, but not the most flattering on a woman. Fast forward – to chinos that retain every bit of their timelessness, while evolving toward an unmistakably feminine fit. They’re a bit sleeker, but we kept the stretch fabric you love, so they feel as easy as ever.

Features
  • Cotton twill fabric has a hint of stretch
  • Onseam side pockets, welt back pockets
  • 98% cotton/2% spandex. Machine wash. Imported
Honored Contributor

@msh8970

Item #476400AH5

A different cut than the previous post, but the free hemming still applies.

A few tweaks, more feminine than ever.

Chinos got their start as army pants (later on becoming cubiclewear). Utilitarian and comfortable, but not the most flattering on a woman. Fast forward – to chinos that retain every bit of their timelessness, while evolving toward an unmistakably feminine fit. They’re a bit sleeker – sort of a cross between a straight-leg and a slim-leg. But we kept the stretch fabric you love, so they feel as easy as ever.

Features
  • Cotton twill fabric has a hint of stretch
  • Onseam side pockets, welt back pockets
  • 98% cotton/2% spandex. Machine wash. Imported
Esteemed Contributor

TAlbots carries a full line of pants in Woman Petite sizes for woman 5 ft 4' and under who,wear Plus sizes.  SAles and special,promotions are frequent.

Super Contributor

WOW, y'all are awesome!! 

I now have a lot to check out, thank you all, so much!! Heart Heart Heart

Honored Contributor

As others have mentioned Talbots have nice pants, look classy and aren't too trendy.  They come in plus, & petite (if you need that).

I also like pants from JJill.  They are well made and you can call to ask that the hip measurements are for any size.