Super Contributor

Help me find some nice (plus sized) pants for church (not too old-lady, not too trendy)

I am having a heck of a time finding some nice pants for church. Tired of the khakis and even the (nice) jeans. But I do not want to wear dresses nor skirts. Just a nice pair of dress pants..that also do not cost the earth, do not look 'old lady-ish' and not too trendy. Doesn't matter if they are from QVC or elsewhere. 

A lot of dress pants to me either look like old lady pants or are too trendy. Ohhh..also, I am short, so that is a big part of the problem. I realize I could have them hemmed, if I really liked the pants, but..kind of prefer not to. Gee, now I see why I am having a problem. Getting older, not really into the trendy cutesy stuff, yet not ready for grandma pants, and being a short woman..it is tough!!

I am even willing to break out the iron, if needed, for a nice pair of pants. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

Re: Help me find some nice (plus sized) pants for church (not too old-lady, not too trendy)

Talbots has a great plus sized department. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: Help me find some nice (plus sized) pants for church (not too old-lady, not too trendy)

Check out stores like Marshall's, TJ Maxx, even Sears, Penney's or Macy's.  Best to shop in person and try things on.  You may have to shorten the pants if you like everything else about them.  I am a petite also and it's hard to find a perfect fit.

Honored Contributor

Lane Bryant specializes in "plus sizes."  Petites included.

Kohl's

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Christopher and Banks has some great dress pants in petite plus and short sizes.  Check out their website.

Respected Contributor

Would you find A286113 at all appealing? It's Isaac Mizrahi Live! 24/7 Stretch Ankle Pants with Zipper Detail, and petite has a 25" inseam, and at $48.64, seems a decent buy. I've had good luck with other Mizrahi pants, which I think are priced well for the quality, and number-sized, not S-L, etc., and since I'm tall, I notice lots of styles in petite. Might be worth a look if you're not familiar with the brand or this line. 

Honored Contributor

Talbots may have plus sized petites, and Soft Surroundings possibly.

Kohl's ??

Lands End

Honored Contributor

I love Lane Bryant pants. They are cut nicely in proportion to a heavier thigh vs thin calve. I bought 2 pairs of black last sale mainly because being a little heavier in hip/thigh area I always have to have my pants tapered. (Guess designers think if your plus you're large all over in the leg).

i wish I saved the tag so I could tell you the name but they are a good weight not heavy material & fit me perfect (I'm between a 18-20) depending on cut.

Super Contributor

Thanks for so many great replies!! I have never heard of Soft Surroundings, will definitely have to check them out, and I always forget about Talbots. Not really a fan of Lane Bryant or some of the others, I just never had luck at those places, but will still try; it doesn't hurt to look, right..? You never know. I will check out Isaac's pants, too. 

Thanks, again. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@msh8970

My favorite brand for this type of pant is "vivid linen"

They offer a petite length inseam (28")

Their pants have pockets and hang more like a long skirt. 

Last summer,  I needed some dressier pants for a wedding trip. Every single source was SOLD OUT of dress pants in a petite length! Get a clue manufacturers!!!! 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~