Honored Contributor

Re: Help me find a pair of jeans here----

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@lolakimono

Are these all Lee?  

I appreciate your help as always!!!  

@AngelPuppy1

The post about JCP, those are all from Lee.

The second post are Old Navy brand jeans.

You might have good luck with Levis, and they have them at Kohl's too.  

I agree with @Goldengate8361- Land's End also has good jeans.  I have several pairs from 2007 or so that are still going strong (granted, I mostly wear jeans on the weekends). You can return them to any Sears if they don't fit. Cat Happy

I would also encourage you to think outside the box. You might find something in men's, especially if you want a straight leg cut and you know your waist/inseam measurements.

Here is my latest "think outside the box."  These are ANKLE jeans.

On me, they come all the way down, but are loose enough at the ankle that I can roll them up with short boots or I can wear them with flats or tuck into boots.  They have a 27.5" inseam, so I knew that they would not look like the photo on me.  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

You're very smart!  I never even thought of men's jeans!!!  I will have to see what my inseam is.  I have no idea!!!  Years and years ago when I was young, I wore nothing but Levis and even Wranglers.  Levis were the best on me and I had a particular number that I adored.  Of course, that number is long gone!

Yes, I agree.  I think I will have to think outside of the box, as you say.

I was wearing my "skinny"jeans and loving them -- and still do, but since this ankle thing it has really messed my fashion choices up.  I can't wear any of my nice shoes, boots, sandals and can't wear my skinny jeans!  Boo-hoo, right!

Thanks taking so much time to help --- as you always do!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

I can't understand how anyone can buy a pair of jeans, that fit, from a home shopping network. Woman Frustrated

It's easy for me.  I take all my body measurements, and I'm honest about them.  No fudging.  And I use the size charts that are provided and once again, I'm honest with myself.  I don't order the size I WANT to wear, I order by the size chart.  Also, I know my own body and accept it's limitations.  I have full thighs, skinny jeans will always be a hard fit for me.  So, if  order them, I  order to fit my thighs and then have them altered.  Which I don't do anymore, I'm done with skinnies.   I actua;;y prefer buying jeans online from shopping channels because I can get a precise fit and I can take my time.  I'm not rushed.  Trying on 32 jeans from 3 different department stores juse doesn't work for me.  I will never go back to that horror show again.  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 unfortunately you never mentioned you need new jeans with a wider leg opening because you currently have a brace on the ankle.  hope you find what you're looking for.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@AngelPuppy1

Have you tried the Dream Jeannes?

To be frank I'm not a fan of the line BUT I was doing the mall with a friend who was wearing a pair of the dream jeanne capris and I was impressed at how realistic they were! It wasn't until we were sitting side by side that I noticed it was knit.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD

In my original post I put that I didn't want the very slim or boot cut, but something in between.  I mentioned later on that I have to wear a brace on my ankle but forgot in my original request.  Sorry for the oversight!  I can wear bootcut but the slim is out of the picture for now unfortunately.  I figure if I get something in between I can wear them with the brace.  I am sorry that I left out important information.  I appreciate your posting to my request and sorry for the trouble.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo

Do they have any styles which are not so formfitting around the ankle but not a boot cut?  I wouldn't mind a stretch material.  Thanks!  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Andreatoo

Do they have any styles which are not so formfitting around the ankle but not a boot cut?  I wouldn't mind a stretch material.  Thanks!  

i'm not really familiar with the line but I would assume they do.

Guliana Ransic (HSN) has a 'boyfriend' jean that I think is what you want. I know I like the look of the relaxed fit through the thighs/ankles but I haven't tried them yet...

G by Giuliana Luxe Denim Boyfriend Jean

the only drawback for me is the distressing Woman Frustrated

At 55 I own plenty of naturally 'distressed' jeans that I don't choose to wear lol

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo

That is a cute style but I am a little old for the distressed look!  Thank you, though.  My niece would love these.  And I would have, too, in my younger days.  

Respected Contributor

I swear by Yummie Jeans from HSN.  I was ready to throw in the towel on wearing jeans and found Yummie and now have at least 8 pair!  Love Love love them!