Honored Contributor

Re: Help me find a pair of jeans here----

@I am still oxox

I am 5' 4" and wear a 4.  I have a hard time in length. I can't wear any heels at all right now as I have to wear sneakers because of my ankle so I tend to try for the petite length.  Sometimes they work and sometimes they are too short.  However, regular sizes are just usually way too long and I don't want to spend a ton of money on getting them altered if I don't have to.  Thanks!!!  If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@cotto22

Thanks for suggesting the WIC.  These seem too skinny in the bottom part for me.  I have purchased WIC slacks before and I do like them.  I appreciate you making this suggestion.  I agree -- purchasing jeans is a real chore!!!  

Honored Contributor

@sallybusky

I used to buy a lot of clothes here but haven't in a long time.  I didn't realize that their sizes were so inconsistent.  I appreciate the Zappos suggestion.  I always think of Zappos for shoes but never for clothing.  The free shipping is really a plus.  I will look into this.  Thanks!!!  

Honored Contributor

@Chrystaltree2

I am a big fan of Liz clothing.  Our Penney's was where I used to purchase tons of her things but our store closed so I don't get to buy them any more.  I will try and look on line and see what the offerings are with regard to her jeans.  Thanks!!!  

Honored Contributor

@ID2

It's a chore to get jeans I think no matter where you buy them!  I was in Macy's the other day and I came out with nothing.  I must have looked at 30 pairs and tried out maybe 10 and afer that I was disgusted and exhausted and couldn't take any more!!!  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1

For that price, if I were you I would shop around.  A lot of ladies like Lee jeans, available at Kohl's and JCP.

Monroe classic fit straight leg

$29.99 now at JCP

Frenchie easy fit bootcut-

$29.99

Naomi  curvy bootcut-

$34.99

Honored Contributor

@Lucylu12

You certainly have a good idea there.  I will be honest -- it never occurred to me to do that.  

And yes -- every single brand out there is different in sizing.  And every different style they sell is different.  

You have high rise, medium rise, low rise.  You have jegging, legging, straight, slim, boot, flare, super flare -- and then there are the ones which have instead of sizes such as 5, 7, 9 -- they have the sizing such as mens --- going by the waist and length!  Oh, and don't forget all the washes -- washed out, distressed, acid, dark, antique --, etc., etc.  Pockets, no pockets,  - decorated pockets - plain pockets.  Is your head spinning yet??? Mine is!!!!  

Honored Contributor

@rrpell

Thank you for the suggestion.  I appreciate it.  But I am seeking something in between a skinny and a boot.  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1

$19.97 at Old Navy-

The Flirt Boot-Cut Jeans

The Dreamer Boot-Cut Jeans

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

Are these all Lee?  They look nice.  Thank you, lolakimono!  That is very nice of you to post these.  I don't have a JCP near me, but I do have Kohl's.

I posted that I went to Macy's the other day and they have so many kinds, styles, etc.  I looked at about 30 pairs and tried on maybe 10-12 and was not happy with anything.  I was exhausted and just walked out!!!  

I am struggling since I have an ankle brace and cannot wear the really slim ones which I love.  I have several boot cut ones but wanted something in between.

I appreciate your help as always!!!