Respected Contributor

Re: Help me find a new jean -- not expensive though!!!

[ Edited ]

Kohl's has always been my go-to for jeans. I will also never spend over $50 for jeans.

I last bought Lee Modern Series Curvy Fit Boyfriend jeans. I am not curvy, so don't let that influence you -- it's just the name. They are below the waist, straight leg (not tight, not jeggings), "skim fit", soft denim, 64% cotton, 1% spandex, the rest poly/rayon. I think they cost me around $35 and Kohl's always has sales or coupons.... and you can always ask at the cash register if you can get 15% off. They will often oblige you.

Generally speaking, I think jeans are one of the most uncomfortable articles of clothing ever made because of the stiffness and the weight of the material, and I don't wear them often, but these are comfortable enough for me to wear.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@GSPgirl wrote:

Wit and Wisdom at Nordstrom.   Stretchy when you sit, but goes right back into shape when you stand up.   No baggy behind.

@GSPgirl

Thank you for this suggestion!  Are they expensive??? 

I think they are N's own brand but why not check their webpage 

Trusted Contributor

I find Talbots jeans to be stiff and on the uncomfortable side. 

I've never tried the Wit or Wisdom at Nordstrom, but they look nice. Nordstrom has free shipping both ways so that would be a good brand to try.  W/W is not expensive. 

Trusted Contributor

I suggest also checking out the offerings at Target; they have a good selection of jeans in different styles.

Earlier this year I bought a pair of Mossimo flares (I know you're not looking for flares but stick with me!) and they are so comfortable. The quality is great. Decent weight denim with a little stretch, no bagging anywhere. Washed up with no fading either.

I find that I have to try jeans on. I took a leap of faith in buying some DG2s but I picked a couple sizes and sent back what didn't fit. I like these jeans but I don't think the quality is as good as the jeans I bought at Target.

My go-to used to be Style and Co from Macy's but the quality has decayed over the years.

Esteemed Contributor

Iman runway chic curve appeal...........on HSN, nice pair of jeans with stretch and they fit great , $49.95.....good luck!

Contributor

I have had to help a neighbor find jeans because she doesn't have the stamina to try on a lot of clothes. What I did was measure her favorite slack, had no jeans, measured the rise, length and width of leg and the waist. When we got to Kohls, I started looking at each petite jean, measure each, and gave her three to start. She gave me the fact she wanted a looser waist so went up a size, and pick the straight leg, she has thin legs, and she loves them. So so long winded, but I will treasure her smile, and she couldn't believe she found a pair of jeans ever. My point I guess, why not take measurements of your new favorite, a tape measure, and measure pants on the rack before the pain of the trying them on? That's what I do now after learning from my trip with my neighbor! Good luck shopping!

Esteemed Contributor

I just bought a pair of Lee jeans at Walmart last week.  It sounds as though they're everything your looking for...slightly below waist,straight leg,light weight. I think I paid around $20 for them. I got the medium wash in a size 12 and I have plenty of room to move.  Check them out!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

Costco

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1

I just got back from BJs with another pair of jeans so clearly this was meant to be! LOL 19.95 for a lightweight skinny but not a jegging! 

They may not be an expensive 'premium' jean but they are Lee; an authority on denim! I picked up their crop style last time I was there and I can say, in no uncertain terms, that they do not grow while you wear them! They're not a light wash or a dark wash,a pretty mid-range. No distressing, no released hem, a clean pair of jeans! The rise is ideal too..just below the belly button

92% cotton 6% elastarell (?) 2% spandex

Frequent Contributor

I'm surprised no one has suggested Diane Gilman's jeans on HSN. She fits them for the mature woman but also stylish ones. They are stretch and in different cut pant styles and some are embellished too.