Super Contributor

I need  help buying skinny jeans. I bought a pair D&C pull on

when I sit down the jeans pulled down and shows too much of my back side what is suggested to solve this problem?

Respected Contributor

Re: Help buying skinny jeans

I find I have the same problem, but it is because I am tall. In the description of every clothing item sold on QVC, is ""click here" that will give you the actual measurements.  Youll see the measurement for "rise", some pants are meant to sit below the waist line, and they are the worst for me, because they are just too short in the "rise" for me.  I also tend to carry more weight in the middle, and that compounds the issue.  I just need more depth.

I look for pants that say they sit at the natural waist line, they tend to be longer in the rise, perfect for those folks who are either tall/ carry weight in their middle.    If thin or slim in middle, they would be too long in the rise. It might be fine when they sat down, but standing up the waistband would come up over their own natural waist.  

Honored Contributor

Don't buy "skinny jeans". BTW what are "skinny jeans"?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Trusted Contributor

@crazered wrote:

I need  help buying skinny jeans. I bought a pair D&C pull on

when I sit down the jeans pulled down and shows too much of my back side what is suggested to solve this problem?

@crazered    I have found that the Democracy Ab Solution brand works well for me.  No droopy back side.  They may be a little more expensive, but they last forever.  HSN carrys them...as well as Macys or Boscovs.  I was lucky enough to find them at Marshall's at a great price.  

Respected Contributor

@crazered  Maybe try "high-waisted" skinny jeans.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Super Contributor

@crazered I love skinny jeans, as a petite person with a small build, I don't have problems with length and they fit great!

You may want to try on a few pairs in a B&M store prior to ordering online to get an idea regarding fit. Also, pull on pants don't work for me because of the isue you mentioned when sitting.

YOU do YOU and wear whatever YOU want!  All styles of jeans are in fashion! 

Happy Shopping! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Major Shopper   I support your idea to shop brick and mortar to find bottoms that fit right.  Over the last few years, I lost lots of weight.  I've found tops from many sources to be very forgiving as long as the shouldders work for me, but I have replaced virtually all of my bottoms locally.  Even so, I have yet to find a brand and size I can automatically depend on.  

Honored Contributor

@crazered   Your problem is the pants you bought are too short in the rise.  Check the size chart and determine what the rise was, then look for pants with a longer rise.  If you ordered a petite, you may need a regular. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I've had that happen a lot with Diane Gilman DG2 jeans. The waist was always too big, and the rise was too low. I switched to Laurie Felt and loved them ever since. It depends on the brand. 

Honored Contributor

I only wear pull on skinny jeans. The brand I like are Liverpool. I'm tall and find they stay up even when I sit. 

"Pure Michigan"