Super Contributor

Re: Help! Salt Stains on Suede Boots

On 2/23/2015 Kathleen said:

Do you have a wire suede brush? I was able to get salt stains off my black suede ... let it dry and brush.

I don't, but I'm getting one.

Thanks for the advice!

Respected Contributor

On black suede, I use a suede brush & black coffee, works well

Contributor

I have been using the bio cleaner cloths they sell here at QVC V32111 Bio Cleaner set of 7 No Streak Cleaning Cloths. The show video said it could be used on furniture and leather. I have suede Clark boots and I just wet a corner of a cloth and wipe the salt right off. It is easy and they look like new.

Super Contributor

On 2/23/2015 ladyd733 said:

I have been using the bio cleaner cloths they sell here at QVC V32111 Bio Cleaner set of 7 No Streak Cleaning Cloths. The show video said it could be used on furniture and leather. I have suede Clark boots and I just wet a corner of a cloth and wipe the salt right off. It is easy and they look like new.

Thanks for the tip! I did not know about this product.

Super Contributor

KittyLou--After you make them all beautiful with all the great tips, buy a can of Meltonian Water and Stain Protector for leather and suede. I used to buy it at the shoe repair shop (when there was a shoe repair shop!) but I see it available online. Spray a few applications of this stuff and your boots can withstand anything!

Super Contributor

On 2/23/2015 LoopyLoo said:

KittyLou--After you make them all beautiful with all the great tips, buy a can of Meltonian Water and Stain Protector for leather and suede. I used to buy it at the shoe repair shop (when there was a shoe repair shop!) but I see it available online. Spray a few applications of this stuff and your boots can withstand anything!

LoopyLoo,

I just ordered a can of that from Amazon this afternoon!

Super Contributor

Yay! Great minds think alike!