Contributor

Re: Help Me Find a Bra With Real Lift

Mindy, You're not alone. There's so many of us out there (although I'm only a 44D3). My plan is to manage the best that I can thru 2014 with "the girls" and find a good plastic surgeon next year. I'm coming to the realization that the only way to get a good uplift at my age and my size is with a good doctor.

In the meantime, herroom dot com was indeed a good recommendation.

Regular Contributor

Mindy- check out the Le Mystere bra line. Carried in most of the high end dept stores but I have found the best prices on Amazon.

My favorites is the Dream Tisha model. Not only the most comfortable I dont need to tear it off as soon as I walk in the door at nite bra, it lifts everything back up from whence it came Smiley Happy Worth every penny. HTH rose

Honored Contributor

I was just on the Bare Necessities site and found the Bali Satin Tracings in my size and it looks like they sell Le Mystere, too, but I have not checked the sizing in Le Mystere, yet. I have been to Her Room, but I didn't see anything I was sure about. I will go back. I would like to know if the Bali Satin Tracings provides uplift for some hard to lift, very large 'girls'.

Honored Contributor

Shopping Mama, do any of your bras really give you lift? I was actually shocked that the famous Flower Bali did not give me lift. When I was younger, and much smaller, I wore it sometimes. I didn't need any help back then. I don't even know what good a surgeon could do. I watch the television shows about plastic surgery and some YouTube videos and wonder.

Trusted Contributor

On 7/19/2014 Mindy D said:

Goodstuff, I have been looking at the Satin Tracings in a 50 band and never saw it? , until your tip. I have been looking at the other bra on your post and was wondering if it was any good. I definitely will be trying the Satin Tracings. I always look at JMS Hanes, never saw size 50, loves recess. Now I have a tip to find it. The Camibra could have the cami trimmed, I suppose. It is just so thick, exceptional support, though. I problem have tried so many brands and styles of bras that Guinness should place me in their world records book.

The Satin Tracings probably runs true to size, but as a minimizer it offers a firm, snug fit and a cup shape that redistributes and compresses the girls somewhat, giving a more subtle, rounded, close-to-the-chest profile. Honestly, with large, heavy breasts, a bra that holds 'em high and pokes 'em out is NOT what I want! I want to rein them in somewhat, achieve better fit under clothing, have less projection, and therefore less bounce and opportunity for sag. Women who think bounteous bustlines are oh so wonderful have no idea of the challenges......... I consider the Satin Tracings bra to be one of the best "bust tamers" in the marketplace, but I find underwires uncomfortable and no longer wear them although they undoubtedly give superior support. Just can't stand them.

I have worn the JMS wirefree minimizer bra pictured for years and think it is a good bra -- especially for the price.

Now if you want to get really serious about disciplining your chest into submission, you can check out ENell sport bras, recommended by Oprah herself. My Lord. These things are seriously indestructible. Put one on and do all the jumping jacks and cartwheels you want. Your chest isn't moving an inch -- up, down, or sideways. I bought one for active pursuits. Not cheap, not dainty, but your chest will definitely stay put. Google to find sellers and more info.

Honored Contributor

Goodstuff, as long as the girls seem to be up where girls should be, I will be happy. I am not expecting projection. You know, if I was an engineer, I would have made bra design my life's work. Thank so much. I am going to try the Satin Tracings. I am grateful for your advice, thank you.

Super Contributor

Check out the Elomi brand.

http://www.elomilingerie.com

Sorry, it looks like they only go up to a 48 Smiley Sad

Frequent Contributor

I understand your frustration. Not only am I full busted, one side is a cup larger than the other.

I do have a few suggestions for you that I have had good luck with. They are all by Glamorise and are three of the most comfortable bras I have ever had. So much so that I can leave them on all day and they do not feel like I have a bra on. You can get the from Just My Size or JCP.com.

Magic Lift Style 23665. I do not like the original Magic Lift. This gives a rounded look instead of the pointy look of the original. Very padded and it comes in a 50 band width.

Front Close Style 25642. It runs small in the band but it goes up to a 52. This is very supportive yet very comfortable. I like the front close style. The way it is constructed makes the straps stay up. The bra stays in place all day. Just keep in mind it does run small.

Minimizer Style 21184. This only goes up to a 48 width but the band is very stretchy. I am a 48 width and I can put it on the second or third row. The straps do slip on one side but I just shorten the straps and that fixes the slipping.

Glamorise is more expensive than Platex but it is worth it to find comfort in a bra. I hope these suggestions help.

Honored Contributor

Goodstuff, I just received the Bali Satin Tracings. It does give me more lift. Finally!

Honored Contributor

Sfsbeagle, I have a massive Glamorise collection. I'll check the labels to eliminate ones I have already tried, and then I will take a look at your suggestions.