Honored Contributor

Re: 😩Help Ladies with stain removal

@Lilysmom,It isn't advisable to ever wet a stain and let that dry.  Stains are more likely to set.  Be sure to tell the cleaners all the steps you took.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

@Lilysmom  Please don't try to remove it yourself, take it to the dry cleaners for removal.  You may do more harm than good and they have the spot removers that are not available to the consumer.

So sorry, it will make you feel good that it's in the hands of a professional.

@Just Bling,I'm sure the coat is worth the $12-$15 it will take to clean it.  If it ruins, you're out much, much more.

@ECBG  What am I missing?  Isn't that what I was saying?

@Just Bling,I just added on if you don't mind.  I didn't realize you weren't the poster.   It was to Lilysmom.

Esteemed Contributor

Here it is now.  It is half as bright or less than yesterday.  I had to stop working on it.  

I watched a short program years ago with a stain removal expert.  He said NEVER rub, always blot.  I was heavy on the blotting with a white towel so there are no water marks.

It improved a lot but I still need to rake it to a professional.  

Traveling today.  Thanks again ladies!  LM

image.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG, have a look at the photo.  I am going to go to the tailor who altered this for me.  He was excellent so I am hoping he can give me some advice.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom,I wouldn't go to a tailor.  I'd be at the cleaners ASAP.  They're the stain experts.  Good luck,

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG, I think my tailor is connected with a dry cleaning operation next door.  There is also a local dry cleaner with a great rep for stain removal.  I will probably start there.  Thanks!  LM

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is one other thing that can be done and this is called re-weaving or in-weave. It is done by skilled weavers and they are not easy to find. What they will do to the stain is cut it out completely then take a small piece of fabric from the inside (seam allowance) and "patch" the hole. But it is not really a patch but an actual weave.When the weaver gets done with your garment, you cannot see where it was repaired. It takes a highly skilled person to do this. You might inquire about this option. Garments from all over the country are shipped to where these weavers do their work. It is an expensive task but if the coat is worth it then I would check to see if you can have this done. @Lilysmom

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

There is one other thing that can be done and this is called re-weaving or in-weave. It is done by skilled weavers and they are not easy to find. What they will do to the stain is cut it out completely then take a small piece of fabric from the inside (seam allowance) and "patch" the hole. But it is not really a patch but an actual weave.When the weaver gets done with your garment, you cannot see where it was repaired. It takes a highly skilled person to do this. You might inquire about this option. Garments from all over the country are shipped to where these weavers do their work. It is an expensive task but if the coat is worth it then I would check to see if you can have this done. @Lilysmom

@SilleeMee, what an interesting story!  I had no idea.  I do know a weaver.  Hoping the dry cleaners will do the trick for me.  Thanks for the info!  LM

Respected Contributor

I would take it ASAP to a reputable cleaners and show them the stain in order to treat it properly. 

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom

I do not think a dry cleaner will have difficulty removing lipstick ftom your garment.

I've removed lipstick smudges countless times out of a variety of fabrics.  I usually use Dawn detergent.

Anyone remember Lipstick On Your Collar?

The bridesmaid sounds like the Kissin' Bandit.