Regular Contributor

Re: Helen Mirren Slays Fashion (And Everything Else)

She has her off days, just like the rest of us.  That cute white lace dress with those purple sandals...that's a no.  Just no...lol   That outfit draws attention to her legs which are old lady legs.  A maxi or an ankle length midi would have been a better choice.

Honored Contributor

Remember when she paid tribute to Prince, with the purple dress and temporary tattoo. Left the purple sandals at home😃

33B23EC300000578-0-image-m-120_1462062166336.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Frequent Contributor

She looks incredible.  She always looks confident and that's more than half the battle.

It's the little things.
Respected Contributor

Now she's real Hollywood glam!  A class act!  None of the younger actresses today compare with her and the older actresses - none of them. 

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

She is a stunning woman.  I think I became aware of her when she starred in the Prime Suspect series.  I would not have recognized her in the younger photos.  However, the fit of those purple sandals is not flattering -- eek.

@tansy  Do 'ya mean the ones that are a size or two too long?  Eek is right.  

Honored Contributor

I think those sandals look awkward because they are flat - if they were a wedge or a high heel that would look much better.  

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I think those sandals look awkward because they are flat - if they were a wedge or a high heel that would look much better.  

@DiAnne  They look awkward because as I stated in my post above, they are much too long!  Like she wears a size 7 and they are a size 9 or something like that.  Her foot isn't sitting in the right place at all.  It's like she borrowed someone else's shoes to wear who wears a much longer shoe.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

She is a stunning woman.  I think I became aware of her when she starred in the Prime Suspect series.  I would not have recognized her in the younger photos.  However, the fit of those purple sandals is not flattering -- eek.

@tansy Ya know? I noticed that and said to myself, "What"?

Respected Contributor

I love her white lace dress!!!

Maybe she had to borrow shoes for some reason, cause it's not like her to wear those shoes with that dress.

Honored Contributor

she has a fantastic figure..... she has great style.....or a great stylist. Smiley Wink

overall, i like her choices. she has hits and misses, but she usually gets it right more than she gets it wrong.

my mom looks great at almost 76......we have totally different body types, but i sure hope that i get some of those good genes when i am 70+.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein