Honored Contributor

Re: Helen Mirren Slays Fashion (And Everything Else)

@Greeneyedlady21

I agree! She is an amazing woman - in many ways! One of my favorites!

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  That subway shot says it all.  It isn't about the clothes (well, they can help), but the way a woman carries herself, the posture, the evident confidence and inner strength are traits that are palpable and speak louder than a designer.  

Honored Contributor

I agree that she must have a great stylist for red carpet. They really know how to dress her for her figure and personality. To me it strikes just the right note. Not trying too hard to compete with younger actresses, etc. She's just maximizing her own assets and who cares about anyone else.

A white lace dress with different shoes. I love that she wears moto jackets.

rexfeatures_6039690d-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqV-q3XBMQS1IZC5Zs4zlzw3kply5kvPBAg7M-Vf0vPj8.jpgrexfeatures_5633365w-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqMvgUyhXlOn26XT67ofv7cGZKvOxyQ5BQHta5H3hnNZM.jpg

Now this is a red carpet moment

TELEMMGLPICT000132520627-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqUSuiNG1GFUnOQ8rbuSnk0hkSeG7WR8R6-9CQA_ThmQM.jpeg

This dress is so pretty-Marchesa

rexfeatures_7555332h-xxlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqoHwiQemn3BBID3wIXdrAdjBegJoY794n33SuY80C9QU.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

She always looks absolutely stunning and her gowns are exquisite.  Everything looks fabulous on her and she knows how to dress to show off her figure and show that even at her age a woman can look confident, sexy and gorgeous.  She could give the younger actresses a run for their money.  She is amazing.

Honored Contributor

Love her hair in the second picture.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21  That subway shot says it all.  It isn't about the clothes (well, they can help), but the way a woman carries herself, the posture, the evident confidence and inner strength are traits that are palpable and speak louder than a designer.  

So true and wonderful @phoenixbrd.  It's how she carries herself.

The NYC subway system is no stranger to a lot of celebrities.  It's easier to get around than driving.  Over the years, I've been in the same subway car with Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne, and Chris Noth.  Never had the pleasure to see Dame Helen Mirren though.  

Respected Contributor

Today is her 72nd birthday.  She's like a fine wine. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Helen Mirren, possibly wanted to get somewhere fast, NY subway would be faster than a cab or car stuck in NY traffic.

Esteemed Contributor

This is what women of a certain age (I include myself) should aspire to. Instead of the phony trout lips, unmoving face lifts, and silly clothing that many American actresses parade in, trying to look 40 years younger never works, I'd rather be a gorgeous and appropriate 70 than trying to be what I am not. Of course, it helps to have Helen Mirren's genes and talent.

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG Thanks for posting that it's her birthday today, I didn't know. She truly is just another year better.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"