Honored Contributor

I say she has guts and she looks great!!!!  You know we don't die because we age -- we only get better!

75th Cannes Film Festival, France – 27 May 2022

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

OMG! Did not recognize her.

Honored Contributor

Re: Helen Mirren @ Cannes

[ Edited ]

I love her, but I don't love her hair and eye makeup in this photo. It looks very harsh. JMO

Her dress, shoes, and lip color are fine. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50 wrote:

OMG! Did not recognize her.

I didn't either and personally, I don't find this among her more flattering looks...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Helen Mirren Wears Shining Dress and Dramatic New Hairstyle at Cannes |  PEOPLE.com

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think her hair and eye makeup look terrible. That hair is just...ugh and eye makeup way too dark.  A very bad look for a 76 year old woman, regardless of who she is.

Trusted Contributor

She's a very attractive woman but IMO the hair is too severe. Maybe some hair around her face would have softened the appearance of the severe eye makeup. Good for her though. Strong lady.

Honored Contributor

She's got a terrific figure and kudos to her for trying a different look.  

Respected Contributor

Love Mirren, but this is not her best look. She appears harsh, unlike when she has her hair framing her face.

The blackened eyes look like two small holes with everything else being so light, bright and silver. Wouldn't have chosen black heels, either. They don't match anything but her eyes :-). 

Looks like she was having fun, though. That's what's important. 

Respected Contributor

love the long silver hair. (looks just like mine. lol)  don't like how it  was pulled straight back.  

i don't think the make up is bad, it just looks severe with the pulled back hair.  

what i hate, are the black shoes with this.  She looks great though.  Go Helen.