Honored Contributor

guarantees you a page in some magazine probably why they like to shock even though makes them look foolish.

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I think she looks fabulous because at least she doesn't look matronly. . . Woman EmbarassedSmiley SadWoman Frustrated

LOL!!  Well said!

Esteemed Contributor

Not my fav, but looks like she was having fun.  Good for her.

Respected Contributor

I think she looks very harsh. I do not like the color of the dress on her, it washes her out. She needs a color or black dress. The hair is too tight and the makeup is terrible. Her hair is pretty from the back but not attractive from the front. 

Trusted Contributor

Helen, Helen, Helen...NO, NO, NO.

Esteemed Contributor

Way to go Helen!  She looks like she wanted to change things up and have some fun with her look.  Other pictures show her having fun on the red carpet.  Beautiful and talented woman who doesn't

deserve these comments just because you don't like her look. Women should support each other.

Honored Contributor

Re: Helen Mirren @ Cannes

[ Edited ]

@mspatmac wrote:

Way to go Helen!  She looks like she wanted to change things up and have some fun with her look.  Other pictures show her having fun on the red carpet.  Beautiful and talented woman who doesn't

deserve these comments just because you don't like her look. Women should support each other.

Oh come on. She's a big girl. It's unlikely these comments ruined her day. You walk any red carpet, you're going to get opinions. If 'support' is defined as telling the emperor he looks great when he doesn't, then I guess I'd opt for honesty. Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I like the gown, but her makeup and hair, just no. She needs to change her makeup artist if she has one. Whoever thought that the eyeliner and severe hair style looks good probably didn't have a mirror. 

I hope she goes back to a softer, more natural look. That works so much better for her. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

She wanted to switch it up and have a bit of glam....

I love the hair....she should wear it that way all the time (unfortunately, it is probably extensions).  The makeup looks great for a photo shoot (might be a bit much up close...our @Shanus might gives us some insight).  The dress is ok...kind of ethereal but definitely needs a different shoe.  The dress calls for a strappy lighter shoe.

She is having fun and looks like she's lovin' it....that's what matters!  Love her spirit.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd   Definitely @Shanus  has some insight. This hair and makeup look is way too much for a woman her age...70's. The eyes are lined dark top and bottom, closing uop her eyes and making them look smaller. The complexion makeup looks heavy and would accentuate her lines. IMO, the hair is way too harsh, too. 

I like the dress, but also not appropriate for her age even though she has a great figure. 

@phoenixbrd   Don't ask for my insight unless you want the brutal truth. LOL