Respected Contributor

Re: Helen Mirren At Wimbledon

Always the fine lady....not my choice for fashion but she looks lovely!

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

Sorry, love Helen but she looks frumpy!! Is there a dress code to go watch tennis? First off---BORING---- but really, how about dressing nicely but comfortably casual,  like you will be sitting in the stands with your head going east and west for hours---weird!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl Yes, The All England Lawn and Tennis Club has a dress code for The Wimbledon Tournament. If you plan to remain outside on the lawn the code is relaxed. 

As for Helen Mirren's outfit, she was definitely in VIP seating, probably even in the Royal Box, so dressing less casually would have been required. Tom Cruise wears a suit with a tie when he attends Wimbledon. I like the dress, and it could have been cool the day she was there hence the cardigan. I did not care for the shoes, but being a woman in her 80s, perhaps Ms. Mirren could only manage the gold loafers on her feet that day. 

She looks divine for her age. She may have had a little something done through the years, but you can see she has not gone extreme with the slicing and dicing of her face. That's refreshing!  

Honored Contributor

I thought she looked fine. I love tennis and would love to go to Wimbledon some day. I used to watch tennis on tv in the days of Jimmy Conner and Bjorn Borg.

Honored Contributor

@Trix --yes she is totally divine-----just not a fan of the dress---

Respected Contributor

I just saw this post and I love how Helen looks.  She's an amazing actor and doesn't disappoint when she attends events.  She's so beautiful and inspiring to me.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.